Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

So it seems Scott Hall has decided to start a movement on Twitter for WWE to bring in Paige's mother to be in her corner for TLC on Sunday. Very random.

To update - WAW announced last night that Hall's coming over to be part of their big TV pilot taping weekend at Epic Studios in Norwich at the end of January.

Seems to be a mix of regular WAW talent and a few more 'internal imports' than they'd generally use on a show - Big Damo, Jack Jester & Robbie Dynamite announced.

Alberto del Rio vs. Brock Lesnar has been announced for a house show coming up, and it's being advertised as a title match.  Unless they do a DQ (likely) I wonder if they'll put the US title on Lesnar.

I very much doubt it, but wasn't there a rumour about a potential Owens/Lesnar match at Mania next year?

A good way to unify the titles maybe?

Nah, I'm guessing it won't be for the title, and if it is like you say they will do a DQ finish, with Lesnar beating the shit out of Del Rio after the match to "send the crowd home happy".

Because the IC title is worthless and the US title is only worth anything when Cena has it?

Unify them, then have an unofficial rule for the writers that anyone who has had a world title run doesn't go anywhere near it, that way fans might view it as a belt for up and comers rather than the belt for people who've failed as main eventers or Cena's break from the main event scene belt

Yeah basically. I was in no way claiming it be a fresh idea. I just don't see the point of having two secondary titles exactly the same. Only time there is more value to either of them depends on who is holding it. They don't really have any hierarchy, there's no goals.

There should be system of achievement which we have to watch wrestlers go through as they grow.

NXT Jobber

NXT wrestler (meaning they now have stories and such.)

Crowd approval

NXT Champion

WWE Television Title

Crowd approval

Wrestlemania match

WWE Intercontinental/US Title (depending which one they keep.

WWE Maineventer

WWE Champion

Wrestlemania headliner

It's a pretty simple system and should be common sense, but WWE have no grasp of it.

(This is also why NXT matches on Raw or at Wrestlemania are stupid.)