Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

So has Lanny dropped the whole "Poffo's United" stance on the Hall of Fame then?

Yeah.

Ok, I am bending and let me explain why. The day I turned 59, it finally hit me I’m the older brother. There were a lot of times in my life, being the Macho Man’s brother and Angelo’s son, I didn’t get my way. As the last man standing, I am now. So, I told my mother I’m willing to allow the WWE to put “Macho Man” Randy Savage in the Hall of Fame by himself. I’m not going to have a blinking contest with Vince McMahon. He’s got balls of steel and he’s willing to cut off his nose to spite his face. I’m just not man enough to do that, fellas. I can stand up to a lot of people but not him. He’s got more guts and brains than anyone I’ve ever met. Even Randy would have told you that. What is the Hall of Fame anyway? It isn’t for the Macho Man, it is for the Macho fan and they are the ones that made him great. I’m sorry, Randy. I hope that you’re not mad at me. Maybe we’ll find out later.

Transcribed on http://prommanow.com/2014/12/17/macho-mans-brother-speaks-on-2015-hall-of-fame-dvd-punk-and-more/  from an Internet radio interview.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Bit of a misfire from Lanny if you ask me. Seems like he was trying to get himself inducted and dropped a bollock. Shame Savage isnt still around. I'd have loved to see him do a Hall of Fame speech. Those Hall of Fame speeches are so special when it comes from people who actually deserve to be there. Jake and Warrior compared to Lita last year was a million miles difference. Warrior and Jake The Snake spoke as two people who you could actually see why they were Hall of Famers.

Mr. T's induction was so odd at the time. He went on forever. Obviously the joke was the mum thing, which was funny, but it carried on and on past the peak until Kane came out and told him to bugger off.

It was past the peak, but was a mix of funny and what the fuck's going on towards the end.

Edited by Sphinx

I admire Lanny for backing down and letting Randy go in on his own. We all knew the Poffo family were never being inducted and i think he has hit the nail on the head saying its for the Macho fans.

I can only think of Savage in terms of wrestlers who are not in the hall of fame but should be who the fans passionately want to see in the hof. I mean, Diesel/Nash has had a steller career but i couldnt give a fuck if he got inducted, same for Bulldog. Or is Bulldog already in?

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Moderators

So has Lanny dropped the whole "Poffo's United" stance on the Hall of Fame then?

The Poffos are notorious for liking their money, Lanny's probably chuffed with a nice payday for doing fuck all. As Bob Roop once said about Angelo and the Sugarhold Challenge (look it up, it's a fantastic story), "Angelo would rather give away Lanny than a thousand dollars"

• Moderators

I can only think of Savage in terms of wrestlers who are not in the hall of fame but should be who the fans passionately want to see in the hof.

The people are crying out for Ole Anderson. Especially a speech.

I'd love to see SID JUSTICE in the Hall of Fame as soon as possible, His name never comes up in these sorts of discussions among the usual suggestions of Savage, Rude & Owen but I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't do it, or have done it already. Multiple time world champion, headlined every Wrestlemania match he was in, tried to kill Arn Anderson once. He's got the criteria.

Edited by Cannibal Man

I love that moment, absolutely loved it, in fact that whole match was great for its WWF/WCW clash vibe.  Arn's tiny pause before rolling away is perfect.

Bobby Roode really reminds me of Arn in the way he moves about.