Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Flair takes another good hiding from his wife:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Wrestler Ric Flair and his wife were involved in an altercation at the couple's SouthPark condo Monday night, according to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department report.

Police say at around 9:40 p.m. Flair's wife, Jacqueline Bains Beems, assaulted the former professional wrestling champion, whose real name is Richard Morgan Fliehr.

The incident took place at the pair's condo in the 4000 block of Sharon Road near SouthPark Mall, but no one was arrested or transported to the hospital, police said.

Beems was arrested in February of 2010 for allegedly assaulting Flair during a domestic dispute at the couple's home in the Stonecroft neighborhood of south Charlotte.

In that incident, police said Flair's wife punched him in the face. Beems was charged with assault, while Flair received minor injuries and was not transported to the hospital. Those charges were dropped by the district attorney in July 14 due to a lack of evidence.

Beems was also arrested and charged with DWI and reckless driving on March 31, 2012.

Flair and Beems met in 2004 in Chicago and dated until they married on November 11, 2010. Each was married previously.

Flair has been involved in other police incidents. In September 2008, he received cuts and bruises and his 23-year-old daughter was arrested in connection with a dispute that also involved a 22-year-old man at a Raleigh apartment complex.

And in November 2005, Flair was charged in connection with an incident on Interstate 485 in south Charlotte. In that case, he was accused of grabbing another motorist by the neck.

• Paid Members
Sandra Toffoloni, sister to Nancy Benoit and the woman who runs the Nancy and Daniel Benoit Foundation at NancyandDanielBenoitFoundation.org, wrote on Twitter that thanks to Paul Heyman, an un-named WWE Superstar was going to triple donations made to the foundation on the day of the 5 year anniversary of the tragedy. No word yet who that WWE Superstar was but Sandra later wrote that even with the tripling of donations, it was only $58.

:laugh:

• Paid Members
Flair takes another good hiding from his wife:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Wrestler Ric Flair and his wife were involved in an altercation at the couple's SouthPark condo Monday night, according to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department report.

Police say at around 9:40 p.m. Flair's wife, Jacqueline Bains Beems, assaulted the former professional wrestling champion, whose real name is Richard Morgan Fliehr.

I just can't picture Ric Flair in real life situations at all. In my head, when I read a story like that, I imagine Ric taking a slap from his missus and

Probably followed by a quick blade job behind the couch.

• Paid Members
He was on the WCW Hall of Fame committee at that point. He was definitely getting phased out onscreen, but the fact they overruled him on putting John Studd and Angelo Poffo in forced him to quit. Reading up on it, he was actually more upset about Studd going in than Poffo.

How did John Studd get into the WCW Hall of Fame? I'd have to agree with Solie there.

Edited by bAzTNM#1