Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

According to a report about a NJPW live event on pwinsider.com, Yoshitatsu suffered a neck injury from a Styles Clash.

Dangerous move.

Shouldn't have been scared and nervous to then fuck up his chin tucking, to paraphrase Mr. Styles.

Edited by Bettencourt

Watch the crowd completely fail to react to the Styles Clash...

Not AJ's fault that, to be fair.  A lot of finishers are dangerous if you fuck them up.

There was a Brit wrestler who got injured taking a Styles Clash and said it was because wrestlers have it drilled into them to always tuck their chin in when taking a bump - obviously there are times when they shouldn't such as when taking a Styles Clash but he said his instincts took over and he tucked it in anyway. Looks like the same happened there. Nasty landing.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

Everyone knows how to take a Styles Clash, yet this keeps happening. Like Steaky said, it goes against instinct not to tuck your chin. I know it isn't AJ's fault at all, but it's probably time to retire that finish before somebody ends up in a wheelchair. If I was him and knew that a few guys had suffered neck injuries from it I wouldn't want to do it any more.

Does he still do the Spiral Tap?

I've thought for a while Styles must be a tad thick to continue doing this manoeuvre given the injuries it has caused.

Whilst I appreciate he'll say it's not his fault, and the opponents should not tuck their headsnot, I think he's reckless in continuing to do this move. Do a spear or something.