Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

From the latest Observer - a story about a 97 year old DragonGate fan. It's really quite a lovely story:

There was a really cool deal that aired over the weekend on the Japanese TV show

• Paid Members
He's also learned to work WWE style, if his TNA matches are anything to go by - he gets the right reactions for his signature spots, his finishers are protected and he's able to work the crowd right into the palm of his hand.

I reckon he could do well in WWE. Only reservation I have is that, if they're having trouble placing Zayn because of Bryan, they'd have the exact same problem with Aries.

I disagree Aries is a natural heel. It's not to say Zayn and Bryan couldn't be great heels but Aries reeks of it. Placing him wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I agree. Aries is a short arse, but that's really all they have in common. Zayn and Bryan look and act like low key blokes, where as Aries struts about like "Superstar" Billy Graham's girthy knob.

You both have a point. One thing that did occur to me after I posted the above that perhaps if they were to bring him in, they could position him as the "arch-nemesis" of Bryan or Zayn, i.e. being effectively the villainous version of them, like the Joker to Batman, or, more appositely, the Midnights to the Rock n' Rolls.

• Paid Members
WWE have signed SoCal indie guy Willie Mack

Of all the indie guys they could have signed this one has truly shocked me.

I was surprised at that as well. Thought he was a bit shite for Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. Mind you, he's got a pretty unique look, and surprising athletic ability. Maybe developmental will be able to turn him into something good.

• Paid Members

I was surprised at that as well. Thought he was a bit shite for Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. Mind you, he's got a pretty unique look, and surprising athletic ability. Maybe developmental will be able to turn him into something good.

A referee?

• Paid Members

A referee?

:laugh:

• Paid Members
I always liked Joey Ryan but he's definitely an indie-level guy. Strong rumors are that Steen is WWE bound soon which I find quite amazing if it turns out to be true.

Jason Powell is reporting that Steen has been offered a deal subject to a medical. Going to be interesting to see what they do with him.

• Paid Members
My first instinct is Steen's been offered a role at the training facility.

A Sara Del Rey type role could be great for Steen actually, as he's always talked about hating being away from his family but could move them to Florida with him full time.

• Paid Members

Learnt my lesson after Generico. There's no way I was believing they'd get behind the pale, podgy, skinny ginger fucker but it has really worked out for him so far. Have to have an open mind now with Steen.

There's no way he's a trainer though. It's different with the women hence Del Ray, but what's Steen really done to get a position like that. There's guys already in developmental who've worked for as long and in more places than him. He doesn't seem the Chris Hero type either as far as running a lot of training days himself.

Edited by Benno

Ant seems to wat everyone from indies to be a trainer. A month or so ago he

He what?

I just can't see Steen as an on air performer, but can imagine he's seen as a good hand like Brookside.

Shoot me now for having an opinion that isn't in line with yours.