Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Extreme Cheapskates on TLC had a wrestler named Matt Rivera on it, who used teabags in a scooshie bottle to fake tan himself. They showed footage of him getting a TNA try-out wearing boots with cellotape as you could see Angle, Magnus and Sabin trying to hold off the sniggers. Joel Maximo got a cameo too!

It's on just now, so you can watch it on TLC+1 at 10PM. He's on about half past. It's only a 10 minute segment, but it's well worth a watch.

It looks like Batista is doing his bit to sell a possible upcoming feud with Alberto Del Rio. A bit of a Twitter spat going on;

Del Rio posted;

"Really batista hahahahah. I'm the one wining all the major titles while u were getting ur ass kick by your plumber (Vince lucero) See u at the rumble. Like we say in #Mexico U can buy muscles but U can't buy Huevos cabron"

Which prompted a response from big Dave;

"Seems 2 me that some C level stars in a B level star era have bought into their own hype. Don't turn a work into a shoot. #realitycheck"

For anyone wondering, Del Rio was referencing Vince Lucero, the guy that Batista fought in his one and only MMA fight;

vince-lucero-vs-david-bautista-batista-6-oct-2012-crossface-productions.jpg

• Paid Members

If anyone needs to be careful about a work turning into a shoot, I think it's Batista - Del Rio has a pretty decent MMA record. He's 9-5, but he had 5 straight wins out of his last 6 matches.

Edited by Carbomb

If anyone needs to be careful about a work turning into a shoot, I think it's Batista - Del Rio has a pretty decent MMA record. He's 9-5, but he had 5 straight wins out of his last 6 matches.

That's true, he even fought Cro Cop in 2003, when Cro Cop was the man. Sure, he lost, but he's infinitely more experienced than Batista as far as MMA goes.

• Paid Members

WWE has a pretty nice link to a Renee Young interview on their Facebook feed.

Renee Young's perfect blend of WWE knowledge, an impressive broadcasting resume and striking beauty has instantly endeared her to WWE fans. We turned the tables to ask her the tough questions and learn what it’s like being the best backstage interviewer since “Mean” Gene Okerlund.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: http://wwe.me/sqd0W

Must be pretty awesome being called the best since Mean Gene, not that she really had that much competition.

Edited by FelatioLips

WWE has a pretty nice link to a Renee Young interview on their Facebook feed.

Renee Young's perfect blend of WWE knowledge, an impressive broadcasting resume and striking beauty has instantly endeared her to WWE fans. We turned the tables to ask her the tough questions and learn what it

• Paid Members

Ryback has possibly been released. He had a huge meltdown on Twitter yesterday which has all since been deleted, but his last tweet before he wiped his feed was this.

a42742017ae73c6b41504ad61de20508_1024.jpg