Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I think the moment has gone with those two. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel are at the level where even if you tried doing something with them, they've been typecast. We are heading into year number 4 of them where they are doing nothing. They've done jobs and Superstar/Main Event matches for so long now, how can you accept them as anything other than losers. I think Curtis Axel suffers with that as well. Its one thing have no charisma. Its another thing losing all the time. Having both is murder. At least with Adrian Neville, you could make him into a superhero type worker. Where he finds a way to beat everyone he faces. People will look past your flaws if you are a special wrestler (which Neville is).

I think with Gabriel and Kidd you could have done something, but not now. I could never accept Jim Powers beating Shawn Michaels in 1992. If they tried pushing the losers of my youth, I just wouldn't have liked it back in the day.

Hmmm in other news ...

In some worrying breaking news, it appears that Divas Champion AJ Lee has taken unwell at a house show in the UK.

Fans in attendance in London, England have taken to social media to explain what has happened, and it appears that during a scheduled match, AJ passed out and began fitting at ringside before being attended to by WWE medical staff.

It is reported that after a few minutes, she came to and sat up.

Shame. Hope she's alright.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
The American Wolves, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards reported today to the WWE Performance Center. We are told that they will be in Orlando, Florida for a week-long tryout.

As previously reported in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, there have been some in WWE who have pushed for the pair to be signed despite some resistance from those who feel the company is currently stocked with good workers from the independent scene.

One WWE source believed the one week tryout could be stage one of the pair receiving a short-term trial deal that would send them to developmental for a few months.

The American Wolves, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards reported today to the WWE Performance Center. We are told that they will be in Orlando, Florida for a week-long tryout.

As previously reported in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, there have been some in WWE who have pushed for the pair to be signed despite some resistance from those who feel the company is currently stocked with good workers from the independent scene.

One WWE source believed the one week tryout could be stage one of the pair receiving a short-term trial deal that would send them to developmental for a few months.

Davey Richards in WWE is either the best or the worst news. There's nothing wrong with him as an athlete but he can't pace a match or use his offence in a way that makes any sense to save his life. Regal, Dusty and Billy will either turn him into something impressive or he'll be a massive cunt and he'll endeavoured with the shock to no one like Hero.

• Paid Members

Apparently its a one week trail thing. Like the work placements the dole used to stick people on. Triple H wants to see what they can do because he's "not convinced" by the pair of them. Although, that could be an initial humbling before they sign them, to keep their egos in check. I agree with Butch on the Richards front. He's got that Teddy Hart thing about him, where he has the ability to do things your average wrestler cant do. Yet he's so stuck in his ways of what a wrestler should be, its harmed his progress.

I'm hoping to hear tell of Davey Richards litter-picking down by the embankment.

I'd quite like to see more of him wrestling - he had one of the best matches I've ever seen live at the York Hall last month. It would be lovely to see something that fresh and alive on a WWE show undercard as opposed to the plain dull formula stuff they throw out at the moment.

I'm hoping to hear tell of Davey Richards litter-picking down by the embankment.

I'd quite like to see more of him wrestling - he had one of the best matches I've ever seen live at the York Hall last month. It would be lovely to see something that fresh and alive on a WWE show undercard as opposed to the plain dull formula stuff they throw out at the moment.

Never thought i'd ever see the day when Davey Richards was thought of as a remedy to plainness and dullness.

I suppose he would be an improvement on Curtis Axel, but praise can't really come any fainter than that.

• Paid Members

I'd stick around. The great hope is WWE spend their entire contract taking the piss. If Vince decided to get back on the coke these two would have an entrance that consisted of transforming into werewolfs, with The Great Khali dressed as a full moon mascot. You could then have John Cena endorse them too (EVIL).