Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
He actually called people buying the Fandango track "Fat virgins" on twitter.

Brilliant. A presenter on a wrestling television show completely pisses over it's fanbase. Way to try and bring in the viewers, you fucking never-been shitarse. You'd have thought anyone in their right mind in his position would encourage people to buy it?

There's a definite correlation between the number of weeks the show's been on TV and the speed of Ross developing into a total and utter wanker. It'll be the show's undoing.

• Paid Members

In the mid 2000s, JK and Joel (Ross) covering for Scott Mills on Radio 1 was about the only time a consensus was reached at work that it would be better for all involved if Gold went on instead. Two of the dullest hosts in mainstream radio history.

Can't wait to see those "Did you Know!?" adverts on RAW next week.

This is insane, I hope it makes #1 by the weekend!

The funny thing is, for once they'll have something really genuine to brag about (that doesn't need to be spun), yet it's that bizarre that I bet many casual fans outside the UK will think its total b.s.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Has Jim Johnston ever been in the UK Top 40 before? Absolutely amazing if he hasn't considering how many tracks he's knocked out.

ADDED: You could say "Wrestlemania" and "Slam Jam" were his, but they were credited under different names, weren't they?

ADDED AGAIN: Had a search around and it appears he made the "Top 40 Album Chart" with "WWF The Music: Volume 5" reaching #9 in early 2001, pop-pickers.

http://chartarchive.org/a/james+a+johnston

"Slam Jam" and "Wrestlemania" were credited to the "WWF Superstars". It appears that they also released Jim Duggan's song from the "Wrestlemania" album and that reached the dizzy heights of #71.

http://chartarchive.org/a/wwf+superstars

Edited by bAzTNM#1

If Jim Johnston cracks the top whatever with an instrumental, he has to go in the Hall of Fame next year. His contribution of the years has been massive.

I've ben saying for years he should be in the hall of fame. Most of the audience would need educating on who he is, but well deserved and hopefully he won't be ignored just because he's not a TV personality.

On that subject, same goes for Carlos Cabrera. He's been working the Spanish announce table since 1993, hopefully he doesn't get ignored, just because he's not viewed by the mainstream audience.

• Paid Members

Radio One still have a chart show, right? If so, and this does make the Top 40, they should totally have Fandango phone in.

From what we've seen of that gimmick so far, and of Johnny Curtis on NXT, him ad lib bantering with radio DJs could be massive fun.

• Awards Moderator
Radio One still have a chart show, right? If so, and this does make the Top 40, they should totally have Fandango phone in.

From what we've seen of that gimmick so far, and of Johnny Curtis on NXT, him ad lib bantering with radio DJs could be massive fun.

He'll need to phone in. I guarantee that Reggie Yates or whoever presents the top 40 at the moment won't be able to pronounce his name correctly.

Back down to 13 on iTunes at the moment.

Come on guys, one final push! I'd take this making the top 10.

This will really help the guy as well, he's trying to get over, and being able to brag about being a top 10 hit for years to come will be fun! He seems genuinely stoked on Twitter by this all happening.

WWE should push the boat out for him in London in a few weeks and see if they can book Len Goodman & Bruno Tonioli for the night, and do some sort of deal with him & his dancing gimmick.

Dance off Contest with Tons of Funk, judged by Goodman & Tonioli? That would be funny.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

It seems to have peaked by the looks of things. Raw's been taken off the Sky planner, WrestleMania is in the books and the fat virgin brigade seem to have ran out of money. Joel was right in the end. Why did I ever doubt him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

It seems to have peaked by the looks of things. Raw's been taken off the Sky planner, WrestleMania is in the books and the fat virgin brigade seem to have ran out of money. Joel was right in the end. Why did I ever doubt him.

In Joel we trust.