Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Foley in 'defends a girl who will never, ever fuck him' SHOCKER. Expect a chapter in his next book about how him and Eve have really gotten close in the last year and about how amazing a person she is.

I fucking hate Mick Foley now.

Fair enough, but I do think he has a point about the hypocrisy of it all though.

Mind you, not that THAT's anything new in WWE.

The whole idea of getting involved in the anti bullying campaign is bullshit and sure to backfire. Wrestling is about calling each other names and then beating on each other until one guy can't get up. Why do they do it, just setting themselves up.

• Paid Members
Foley in 'defends a girl who will never, ever fuck him' SHOCKER. Expect a chapter in his next book about how him and Eve have really gotten close in the last year and about how amazing a person she is.

I fucking hate Mick Foley now.

Fair enough, but I do think he has a point about the hypocrisy of it all though.

It's not hypocritical. WWE is fiction.

• Paid Members

I'd say pretending to love a cripple so you can get to the top guy is far worse than calling someone a ho. Same as how having to put up with fat jokes is nothing compared to what Vickie was doing to others. If you take away the insults then they'll never get comeuppance at all. If I call Bin Laden a dickhead and say that Hitler had a stupid moustache, is that bullying? Is it fuck.

People are deliberately ignoring what the "Be a star" shit's about just so they can white-knight women. The fact Foley's joined in on it shouldn't be surprising. He's a creepy bastard.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

It's not hypocritical. WWE is fiction.

No shit? :omg:

So, hang on, there's a product branded heavily towards kids that has a main character who proudly wears a shirt, and promotes a campaign, that says 'Rise Above Hate'.

Said character then goes on worldwide TV and calls a woman [in a storyline] a 'Hoe[ski]' and implies that she has any number of venereal diseases.

Crowd of thousands chant 'Hoeski' and laughs at her when she falls apart.

...and that's NOT hypocritical to the anti-bullying message they seem so overly keen to promote?

Not saying it's all serious and shit, personally I like Eve's new character as it's something different to the generic smiley shit she was doing before, but it's deffo hypocritical - especially considering it's their top kiddy-pleasing babyface that's doing the name calling.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

So, hang on, there's a product branded heavily towards kids that has a main character who proudly wears a shirt, and promotes a campaign, that says 'Rise Above Hate'.

Said character then goes on worldwide TV and calls a woman [in a storyline] a 'Hoe[ski]' and implies that she has any number of venereal diseases.

...and that's NOT hypocritical to the anti-bullying message they seem so overly keen to promote?

Not saying it's all serious and shit, personally I like Eve's new character as it's something different to the generic smiley shit she was doing before, but it's deffo hypocritical - especially considering it's their top kiddy-pleasing babyface that's doing the name calling.

If people, like yourself and Mick Foley, can't differentiate and separate the messages then no amount of me sitting here turning increasingly purple with irritation is going to ram the point home to you, SBA.

• Paid Members

But going up to a cripple and saying "fancy a suck on these? LOL just kidding, I'd rather be with a real man" is perfectly fine, by your standards?

She's a (surprisingly good) heel. Stop trying to portray her as some kind of poor victim of bullying.

If people, like yourself and Mick Foley, can't differentiate and separate the messages then no amount of me sitting here turning increasingly purple with irritation is going to ram the point home to you, SBA.

Go on then, enlighten me [and Mr.Foley], we're obviously not 'getting it'.

Foley's put his point across in a coherent fashion, whether people agree with it or not. I've tried my best to do so as well.

Your 'It's not hypocritical. It's fiction' is hardly putting across your argument and contradicting the points either of us have made.

How exactly is the WWE's current 'BA Star' campaign and the figurehead of that campaign calling a woman names while wearing a t-shirt that says 'Rise Above Hate' NOT hypocritical? I'm all ears.

• Paid Members

I've already made my point, SBA. You don't agree and don't get it. I know it wasn't the 'succinct' riposte to Foley's nonsense that you might crave, but I think the point is perfectly clear.

But going up to a cripple and saying "fancy a suck on these? LOL just kidding, I'd rather be with a real man" is perfectly fine, by your standards?

She's a (surprisingly good) heel. Stop trying to portray her as some kind of poor victim of bullying.

No, and I've not said that anything I'm saying is 'my standards'.

Personally, I think Eve's slutty character is good, she plays the role well and 'Hoeski' is a funny insult. Her character got what she deserved for being a devious witch.

My point is that the WWE is shooting themselves in the foot by having their top babyface doing the name calling.

You don't think if Linda McMahon runs for senate agin her opponents aren't going to point out the hypocrisy of the whole campaign and use something like that where a [supposed] role-model to children and their biggest star is calling a woman names?

I'm not saying 'Aww, poor Eve. She's getting called a Ho'. I think it's great. I thought it was great when it happened to Stephanie's on-screen persona.

However, the message WWE is sending their target audience - kids - is that it's okay to call someone names, and surely that is in direct conflict to what their campaign is all about? No?

I've already made my point, SBA. You don't agree and don't get it. I know it wasn't the 'succinct' riposte to Foley's nonsense that you might crave, but I think the point is perfectly clear.

I'm obviously missing the point though. You've said yourself I don't 'get it'. It can't be 'perfectly clear' to me if I don't 'get it'.

Genuinely. Please. Enlighten me. What point am I missing?

• Paid Members

I'm obviously missing the point though. You've said yourself I don't 'get it'. It can't be 'perfectly clear' to me if I don't 'get it'.

You really are craving an argument over this, aren't you, despite the fact that we are clearly never going to agree on this.

You have already grasped that you understand the difference between reality and fiction. That point you have got. But, despite that, you still think that there is a massive problem in what WWE are doing with this storyline. That is where I don't think you have got it.

And I don't get that. Heh.

You really are craving an argument over this, aren't you, despite the fact that we are clearly never going to agree on this.

You have already grasped that you understand the difference between reality and fiction. That point you have got. But, despite that, you still think that there is a massive problem in what WWE are doing with this storyline. That is where I don't think you have got it.

And I don't get that. Heh.

I'm not looking for an argument. It's a debate - what this board was intended for.

I understand the difference between fiction and reality. I have no problem with Eve, as a slutty heel character, getting called a Ho. Or, in real life, a woman who is quite clearly a slag getting called a slag. Hell, I'm usually first in the queue in that instance with my Darren Burridge impression.

What I am stating is that children, who watch the show and WWE heavily promote their product towards these days, may see Cena [a good guy] calling a woman names and think that is okay because he's doing it. Young children, the age of which WWE is promoting the Cena character to, generally, are more likely to have trouble separating reality and fiction.

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about all that. TV shouldn't have to parent todays kids or promote what's 'morally right'. I hate all that shit.

My point was merely that the message 'Hey kids, don't be a bully....but here's your favourite wrestler and our top guy calling a woman names' is skewed and, in this instance, in my opinion, hypocritical.

If you wanna debate that point, great. I don't want to argue with anyone, but a debate where you go 'You're wrong, and here's why'? Bring it on.

• Moderators

If wrestling didn't have name calling it'd be shit. Men get called names all the time on it, no biggie. If we want to go down the path of "he shouldn't be seen to call women names because nippers will copy it". Well, there should be no name calling at all. Because they'll copy that. It's what kids do. And moreover, why's people crying about Eve being called names anyway? Because she's a woman? I don't know if you know any women SBA, but they're perfectly strong enough to fight their own battles without men wiping their faces for them and telling them it's all going to be ok and standing up for them on a white steed. Actually, I think HHH's comments on commentary about Chris Masters when he was about in 2007 are far worse than the Eve Torres hoeski thing. Where's the righteous indignation about that?

Her gimmick is that she's a promiscuous schemer. She was called on it. That's not bullying. It's pantomime. It's wrestling. And it makes Cena more of a face for exposing the person who fucked around on his friend when the friend was vulnerable and injured. People like to see people get their comeuppance. That's what happens in wrestling. Comeuppance.

It's wrestling. And Foley will never get to fuck Eve Torres, so he should stop sleazing her like he did Melina.

Edited by PowerButchi