Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• 4 weeks later...
- Recent online reports have suggested that WWE is interested in signing several talents from TNA once their contracts with the company expire. Courtesy of PWTorch, here is a breakdown of the rumored names and if WWE is interested:

* Rob Van Dam - WWE is interested in bringing him back.

* Matt Morgan - WWE was interested in Morgan last year but he chose to stick with TNA.

* Bully Ray - WWE has shown some interest in the former Tag Team Champion. No word yet if they're interested in bringing Ray back with Devon as Team 3D.

* The Pope - Officials were interested early last year when he was being pushed but not so much anymore.

* Samoa Joe - There is no interest from WWE.

* Ink Inc. - There may be some interest in bringing back Shannon Moore down the road but Jesse Neal is viewed as a developmental prospect at best.

* James Storm and Robert Roode - WWE had interest last year in bringing Beer Money in as a tag team but word is that they're not interested in bringing the former TNA Tag Team Champions in as singles wrestlers.

I remember seeing that exact same report about a year ago, and it was probably bollocks even then. To suggest that neither Storm or Roode would generate any interest as singles wrestlers is daft.

Indy darling Sami Callihan was apparently backstage at WWE TV earlier this week and received tryouts infront of WWE officials, according to pwinsider.com.

I did wonder why Sami didn't work the Sunday of 16 Carat weekend and why he needed to be home in America for Monday when I assumed his next flight from Germany would be to Japan with the BJW guys to start his time in the Strong Climb round robin.

Unusual choice from WWE's POV but he has got a unique look and a real buzz around him lately.

• Paid Members
Callihan's got a lot of potential. I think WWE could mould him into a star, should they sign him.

He's something a bit different as well, which would probably help his chances.

I'm just worried that he'll bring Hack Myers with him... I think Myers is his landlord.

• Paid Members

I just don't rate Callihan. He's ok, but nothing special. You don't look at him and go "wow" in the same way you did Joe/Ki/Punk/Dragon/Styles.

• Moderators
I just don't rate Callihan. He's ok, but nothing special. You don't look at him and go "wow" in the same way you did Joe/Ki/Punk/Dragon/Styles.

You said "wow" when you saw Low Ki? Fucking hell.

I'll take Callihan over Ki all day. Him vs Finlay was one of the matches of 2011.

After Eve declared on Raw SuperShow two weeks ago that she'd taken advantage of Zack Ryder's feelings to further her own career and planned on doing the same with John Cena, she quickly became the recipient of great scorn. Cena proclaimed on the same show that he lost a "broski" for a "hoeski;" this has led to the WWE Diva being inundated with the derogatory name at live events and through social media outlets. Legendary wrestler Mick Foley, a friend of Eve's, is not fond of this uncomplimentary storyline and is voicing his concern through Twitter.

Foley initially played up the storyline on the micro-blogging site by saying Ryder should give Eve another chance. A follower of Foley's disagreed, writing, "Once a #Hoeski, always a #Hoeski." He responded by saying both Ryder and Cena should apologize to Eve for calling her that name.

"Sorry, @LizBDecker, but @ZackRyder should take @EveMarieTorres back AND apologize for calling her that name. @JohnCena should apologize too," Foley wrote. "It's important to be able to disagree without being disagreeable. @ZackRyder should just say #noski when it comes to using the word #hoeski."

Foley adds that WWE is sending a "mixed message" with the name-calling since they have an anti-bullying campaign in place not to mention that Cena proclaims to "rise above hate."

"I wouldn't be so uneasy with the name-calling if not for Be a Star and @JohnCena rising above hate. Mixed message," he wrote in response to the following comment: "How does John Cena accusing Eve of being a skank and of being diseased fit with the Be a Star campaign?"

Foley continues, "I think @zackryder can come out of this looking good, but not if he gives into something as cheap and easy as name-calling."

He was also asked whether the storyline is a product of lazy writing or indicative of a blatant sexism problem within WWE.

"I really love what WWE is doing with it's anti-bullying campaign - but the "hoeski" thing did strike me as the lazy way out," Foley responded.

This is not the first time where Foley has publicly taken a stand for a female being demeaned on WWE programming as he took offense online to Triple H belittling ring announcer Lilian Garcia with a hurtful behind-the-scenes joke during a 2010 episode of Raw. He acknowledged then that speaking out against the WWE head may have cost himself professionally down the road, but vehemently felt he had to take a stand.