Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Didn't Ricky Reyes already work in WWECW?

He's got the choice between a featured match at WrestleMania, a DVD and a Hall of Fame induction or a match with Luke Gallows at Lockdown. It really shouldn't be to hard of a decision.

He had all that on the table during the "STING'S CHIN" saga and yet he still turned it down, only to then have his shambles with Jeff Hardy at Victory Road almost immediately after, so I think if he didn't jump after that, he never will.

• Paid Members
- There is interest from WWE in signing independent wrestler Ricky Reyes. Reyes has had several tryouts, which have been well received by WWE officials. Word is that William Regal and Triple H were both complimentary of his work and that creative writers were discussing potential character ideas for him a few weeks ago.

-411mania.com

Never liked Ricky Reyes even on the indies, always found him a bit boring.

Would be a very strange one. He's very ordinary looking, a bit of a short-arse and he's not got much going for him personality wise. Those opinions were formed in about 2006 as well and I've barely heard his name mentioned since then.

• Paid Members
I don't doubt that Sting can still "go" so much, it's more what the match would look like.

I don't think the consideration as to whether or not to book the match incorporates anything to do with how it turns out, just how it would draw on PPV.

WWE seriously needs to concentrate on the future, not the past.

WWE seriously needs to concentrate on the present. And making lots of cash. Let's be honest, if Undertaker vs Sting happened, you'd watch it, I'd watch it, and the whole of America would watch it. Booking one match around two old blokes wouldn't make a difference to how they work towards a better future, but it would make them a fuckton of lovely money in the here and now.

I don't doubt that Sting can still "go" so much, it's more what the match would look like.

I don't think the consideration as to whether or not to book the match incorporates anything to do with how it turns out, just how it would draw on PPV.

WWE seriously needs to concentrate on the future, not the past.

WWE seriously needs to concentrate on the present. And making lots of cash. Let's be honest, if Undertaker vs Sting happened, you'd watch it, I'd watch it, and the whole of America would watch it. Booking one match around two old blokes wouldn't make a difference to how they work towards a better future, but it would make them a fuckton of lovely money in the here and now.

Regarding the first point; I'm not talking about the match from a business point of view, merely as a fan. There was a long period where that match would have interested me a lot, but it's honestly not the case any more. I'm not claiming to speak for the masses or anything like that.

On your second point, yeah sure I'd watch it, but that's probably more because it would be at Wrestlemania and I'd be watching anyway. It wouldn't be a stand-alone draw for me personally. Surely it would have to be a Mania match, and that pretty much sells itself every year anyway. Would a Sting appearance really draw all that many extra customers in 2013 or 2014? I'm not so sure. Wrestlemania's buy-rate is higher than all other PPVs each year because it's the show that half-lapsed and old ex-fans buy out of habit once a year, they are the same people that will know and care about Sting and they usually order anyway just "because it's Wrestlemania".

I sound like I'm angrily against the idea, and I'm really not. I just think the days of Sting being a PPV ratings draw or having top-line dream matches has passed. I'd most likely enjoy it if it happened, but I'm not clamoring for it either.

If WrestleMania sold itself to a degree WWE are happy with regardless of the lineup, they wouldn't spend big money on the likes of Mayweather and Rock. The 2010 one was a big letdown on ppv, despite having the best overall storyline build that the event had had in years. They are certainly not above splashing out for talent to make it more special. I'd agree that Sting probably wouldn't do that job very well nowadays. It's fifteen years since his last relevant, memorable run. Over eleven years since he was on a wrestling show of note. A lot of fans no wouldn't know him or give a toss. The only people who still care about him are the people who are aware of him in TNA. Undertaker's pretty much a glue factory case now, he's got very few matches left in him. There are more appealing opponents already on WWE payroll than Sting.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Morrison and Melina will supposedly be all over TMZ tomorrow morning, but nobody knows what for just yet. Something has went on between them which is supposedly a little crazy.

UK promoters who have Morrison booked in December should probably put Gangrel on standby just in case its really bad.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Morrison and Melina will supposedly be all over TMZ tomorrow morning, but nobody knows what for just yet. Something has went on between them which is supposedly a little crazy.

UK promoters who have Morrison booked in December should probably put Gangrel on standby just in case its really bad.

It's only PCW by the looks. There will be 800 pissed off customers if he's not there :O

This sounds like some planned gay shit anyway.