Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Apparently indy darling Sami Callihan worked a dark match before the SmackDown tapings last night.

He did, he lost to Johnny Curtis apparently. The only move Sami got to do was a kick from the report i read.

From reports, they were impressed with his bumping and selling but thought his look was a problem.

He looks like a maniac. If he went out there in his usual gear with his usual hairstyle and did his usual facial expressions, he will have beamed out a lot more character than the majority of other jobbers they have out there. He

Calihan's been on their radar for a while, hasn't he? I would imagine Finlay will put in a good word for him.

I’m sure someone on here once said Kevin Nash also had a pretty high opinion of him. I can’t remember who it was though unfortunately. Someone who follows Nash, obviously.

Yep. Sami was one of the people that Nash was offering advice to in his

. Nash put Sami over and even offered to give a tape of Sami straight to Triple H. Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

I think everyone knew, didn't they? I predicted he'd win it, based on news on the dirt sheets probably that he was going to return as a surprise entrant. I can't think why else I would've made such a bold prediction. Hence why Edge in 2010 remains the only time since 2000 where I haven't correctly guessed the Rumble winner, but that's they're easy to telegraph these days. Though I don't think ADR and Sheamus were that obvious.

• Paid Members

Was it all over the news sites? I never seen it coming at all, to be honest. It's one of my favourite surprise moments they've ever done. Up there with him being drafted to Raw in 2005. I know they kept everyone in the dark for that one, they smuggled him into the arena Bischoff-style just as his cue to come out started.

Was it all over the news sites? I never seen it coming at all, to be honest. It's one of my favourite surprise moments they've ever done. Up there with him being drafted to Raw in 2005. I know they kept everyone in the dark for that one, they smuggled him into the arena Bischoff-style just as his cue to come out started.

I remember the news sites mostly saying he wouldn't be back to well after the rumble. Could be wrong, but I was surprised.

• Paid Members

From the Figure Four Weekly of 4th February 2008 after the win:

I don't have an answer. The guy's a freak. I do know that up until a few weeks back the plan was for Undertaker to win the Rumble. I suspect that right around the time that Hunter was put back in (marking yet another change in plans) Cena had called the office and alerted them that he was clear to return. At that point, I suspect Vince, Steph, Hunter and Cena were the only people to know, and perhaps a couple of others. It was kept ultra-super-secret from everybody, and usually in situations like this they don't mention it to the wrestlers prior to the show and they end up just as surprised as everyone else. Word came from backstage earlier in the day that Jimmy Snuka was back there, but nobody said a thing about Cena, meaning he probably hid in a car throughout the night and didn't enter the building until his music hit.