Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

They've started using the XFL cam during Premier League football games on Sky, I noticed it during Liverpool's fixtures at Man United and Man City this season, so its mad to think the thing originated in the XFL over 15 years ago!

It's awful.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz
Needed to change tense of last sentence.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

They've started using the XFL cam during Premier League football games on Sky, I noticed it during Liverpool's fixtures at Man United and Man City this season, so its mad to think the thing originated in the XFL over 15 years ago!

It's awful.

That's new to us but it's not new to football. Been a thing at a few major tournaments. Other sports have used it too for a while. Think they call it spidercam. Can't think of it being used before 1999.

7 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

It's awful.

The idea of it is good, particularly for penalties to have the shot right behind the taker, but they use it as completely the wrong times at the moment. Its obviously their new toy and they're excited to use it. Hopefully once the novelty wears off and they work out when it should be used it will be much better.

1 minute ago, Van Dammer said:

they use it as completely the wrong times at the moment.

Does Kevin Dunn direct footy coverage now?