Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

What's the SummerSlam 90 Beefcake story you mention there? Is that from another interview? 

It was on her youtube channel, but she's changed it about 50 times. There's a few interviews with her on youtube, so it'll be on one of those.

16 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

It was on her youtube channel, but she's changed it about 50 times. There's a few interviews with her on youtube, so it'll be on one of those.

Sorry if I've missed this earlier in the conversation, but is the lady being discussed Angel Amoroso?

3 hours ago, The Dart said:

British wrestler, who appeared for a bit in WCW, Doc Dean has died.

Very sad news.

A real talent who i had the pleasure of watching wrestle many times. He never really got the credit he deserved IMO partly because his best years were when British Wrestling was in post TV slump, with most of his matches never being recorded.

RIP Doc :(

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, The Dart said:

British wrestler, who appeared for a bit in WCW, Doc Dean has died.

This guy would have been a household name if British Wrestling hadn’t been taken off the air.  Saw some amazing live matches with him vs Marty Jones, Danny Boy Collins, and his tag team partner Robbie Brookside live at Stockport Town Hall in the early 90’s.  Very tragic news.

I always thought that Doc Dean and Robbie Brookside, as the Liverpool Lads, were basically the British version of the Rockers without any costumes when it came to how good they were in the ring as teen idol good guys. Both nice guys when I had the chance to meet them at a local theatre where they were wrestling.

7 hours ago, returner82 said:

I always thought that Doc Dean and Robbie Brookside, as the Liverpool Lads, were basically the British version of the Rockers without any costumes when it came to how good they were in the ring as teen idol good guys. Both nice guys when I had the chance to meet them at a local theatre where they were wrestling.

Yeah i would say they were every bit as good as The Rockers.

Out of the two Liverpool Lads, i would say that Doc Dean was the superior worker, very fast & could do the high flying that Brookside tended to avoid. He left the talking to Robby & had a shorter career, but had some cracking singles matches too.

Genuinely saddened by him passing at such an early age, one of my all time favourites :(