Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Thought I was on Reddit for a moment.

I think it's supposed to be funnier if you spell Reddit with a W, I'm not sure why

It's a widely used slang term for it. I don't think anyone drops it for comedic substance.

• Moderators

I think it's supposed to be funnier if you spell Reddit with a W, I'm not sure why

Not so much funnier, more that Wreddit is an often used alternative name for r/SquaredCircle, they actually do themselves in the description for it. 

Not so much funnier, more that Wreddit is an often used alternative name for r/SquaredCircle, they actually do themselves in the description for it.

Ah that makes sense, I assumed it was a terrible joke to try and poke fun at the place

Apparently WWE have signed Tajiri to a contract past his appearance(s) in the Cruiserweight Classic. I really hope we get to see some more Tajiri/Regal interaction on Raw or Smackdown after the roster split.

My dream of seeing Tajiri & Jack Gallagher challenge The Revival for the NXT tag titles gets a little closer...

Apparently there is a new book out featuring stories from when pro athletes, including some well known wrestlers, were bouncers.

www.whenwewerebouncers.com

Yep, Paul Lazenby was on the Austin podcast promoting it a while ago, they became friends on a film set (Paul was a stunt double for Steve).

I have the book but haven't got round to reading it yet, my brother said it was filled with lots of fun stories.

Edge, Lance Storm, DDP and Samoa Joe are the pro wrestler's that feature, a fair few names from the MMA world also contribute.

• Moderators

Apparently there is a new book out featuring stories from when pro athletes, including some well known wrestlers, were bouncers.

www.whenwewerebouncers.com

Yep, Paul Lazenby was on the Austin podcast promoting it a while ago, they became friends on a film set (Paul was a stunt double for Steve).

I have the book but haven't got round to reading it yet, my brother said it was filled with lots of fun stories.

Weirdly, Lazenby left an incredibly aggressive 1 star review on Amazon for my book, Smoke & Mirrors and Steven Seagal. I wish I'd saved it, because he (or Amazon) later deleted it, but it was so angry accusing me of being a clueless merchant of trash, and that I was the worst excuse for a writer and human being he had ever seen, I assumed it was someone I'd had a run in with at some point. So, I googled the name; Stone Cold's stunt double? I'm as confused now as I was at the time.

• Paid Members

He's pals with Steven Seagal. He did that shite film that started Austin and Seagal a few years ago. I imagine he purchased the book because it had Seagal's name in it, and got offended because he's go no sense of humour like everyone Seagal is friends with.

The Rock was the highest earning actor in Forbes annual 'Highest paid list:

Actor Dwayne Johnson wrestled the highest-paid actor spot from Iron Man's Robert Downey Jr, earning $64.5m (£49.3m), largely thanks to the billion-dollar Fast and Furious franchise and the surprising success of 2015's San Andreas movie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articles/36766874 Edited by WyattSheepMask