Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

He got suspended once for unprofessional conduct or something in 2006, which probably makes it seem like he's had more, plus with all the time off he's had for injuries, he's been off a lot, but not for wellness policy reasons.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

Surely Orton's had more than 3 over the years hasn't he?

Orton has had two strikes, hasn't he? I'm sure I remember when he got the second and they were shitting himself that he'd go and balls up again, so dropped him down the card or kept him off tv or something.

he's been off a lot, but not for wellness policy reasons.

He has. Found it:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1206940-wwe-news-what-caused-randy-orton-to-violate-the-wellness-policy

Edited by PunkStep

Surely Orton's had more than 3 over the years hasn't he?

Orton has had two strikes, hasn't he? I'm sure I remember when he got the second and they were shitting himself that he'd go and balls up again, so dropped him down the card or kept him off tv or something.

he's been off a lot, but not for wellness policy reasons.

He has. Found it:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1206940-wwe-news-what-caused-randy-orton-to-violate-the-wellness-policy

I didn't mean he hasn't been off for that reason, just that he's been off a lot for other reasons too.

• Paid Members

Full explanation of the Orton thing: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0530/553054/randy-orton/

He's actually been in shit four times. The first was a suspension for general dickery, with the final straw being smoking a joint at a show. The second was a wellness policy, though they delayed serving the 30 days till after finishing his feud with Hogan at SummerSlam. He was then named in the Signature Pharmacy leak as having received steroids, which everyone else involved got a suspension four.

He then had another test fail in 2012. People started asking why he wasn't fired and it turned out the smoking the joint was classed as disciplinary rather than wellness. It also turned out he didn't get suspended over the Signature Pharmacy because WWE decided to class that as the same violation as his first test failure, even though that failure was in August 2006 and the leak showed he'd been getting roids till February 2007.

So officially he's only on two strikes.

It was a fun interview with the Dudleys on Brunch today.  Sheamus was good on Soccer AM yesterday too.  Unlike when other wrestlers have appeared on the show they usually look lost when the footie talk breaks out but Sheamus joined in.

Big Liverpool fan is Sheamus

Yeah and Schofield said that Raw is on Sky at 9.30pm tonight (no it's not).  Their research team don't know what they're talking about. While Schofield didn't have a clue about wrestling, Ruth seemed to be more aware of who they were etc because of her son.