Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

They did broadcast it two days later. I remember this because I had a bet with my mate on Bret vs Bulldog, and a lad down the road told us he had a mate who had gone, and Bret had won. So we were shocked when he didn't. And also, we'd been to a car boot on the Sunday and one of the papers had "SUMMERSLAM RESULTS" on the front page but despite my crying, my mother wouldn't buy it for me. The bitch.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

The US fans don't have to subscribe to at least a £40 a month sports package just to watch Raw either. 

More fool them if they pay £40 just to watch Raw to be honest. its a big outlay every month but its not really a bad package when you consider how much Football, Cricket, Rugby League etc you get.

I can't see any perspective where the ppv being on a basic sky channel is a bad thing?

Get the fuck out of here you perfectly reasonable bastard!

I'll just go be reasonable somewhere else, sorry all .... :)

Will there be any differences between the Sky 1 & Sky Sports showings of Fast Lane?, as I'd assume there could be ad-breaks on Sky 1.  I also see Sky doing this again down the line and maybe just the big 4 being on PPV. 

Will there be any differences between the Sky 1 & Sky Sports showings of Fast Lane?, as I'd assume there could be ad-breaks on Sky 1.  I also see Sky doing this again down the line and maybe just the big 4 being on PPV. 

Why would you assume Sky 1 would have breaks?

Ads run on Sky Sports channela but not during the PPVs, surely Sky 1 would just be the same wouldn't it?? 

• Paid Members

I'd be interested in knowing how many people who subscribe to Sky Sports just for Raw actually watch it live? Because if you're just Sky+ing it, why not just get a perfect quality torrent the next day?

Presumably the same reason people have Sky in the first place - morals, ease and lack of technical knowhow.

For similar - albeit opposite - reasons, I haven't had live TV in my house since 2012.

The US fans don't have to subscribe to at least a £40 a month sports package just to watch Raw either. 

More fool them if they pay £40 just to watch Raw to be honest. its a big outlay every month but its not really a bad package when you consider how much Football, Cricket, Rugby League etc you get.

That carries the assumption they watch football, cricket and rugby league though. Personally, I have zero interest in the first two and a passing interest in rugby league.

Luckily, I have questionable morals and technical know-how. :p

If WWE is the only thing that you watch on Sky Sports then it's not worth having at all. At the end of the day like SpursRiot mentioned if you're not going to stay up until 4am to watch it live and just Sky + it then you might as well just download it in the morning. Let's be honest all of those adverts put you off watching Raw live anyway. 

Personally, I have zero interest in the first two and a passing interest in rugby league.

So you live outside of the M62 corridor then?

If WWE is the only thing that you watch on Sky Sports then it's not worth having at all. At the end of the day like SpursRiot mentioned if you're not going to stay up until 4am to watch it live and just Sky + it then you might as well just download it in the morning. Let's be honest all of those adverts put you off watching Raw live anyway. 

What if you're a kid and you're not interested in how much it costs, it's worth having then.  Surely that's a lot of the viewers.

• Paid Members

I'm somewhere in the middle in that I don't torrent it - but I do pay 6 quid a month to Hulu Plus for the 90 minute version. If there was a UK equivalent via Now TV or something - I'd get it.

Personally, I have zero interest in the first two and a passing interest in rugby league.

So you live outside of the M62 corridor then?

No idea what that means. I live in Australia.

• Paid Members

What if you're a kid and you're not interested in how much it costs, it's worth having then.  Surely that's a lot of the viewers.

Pretty sure it would be the parents making the decision in regards to what TV packages are worth subscribing to. I know my parents would never have subscribed to Sky Sports if it was just to feed my wrestling habit. Actually, until early 99, that's exactly what they did. I made do with WCW on TNT.

Edited by Bettencourt