Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

TNA is still in business and it makes no difference. If TNA went under, WWE's market share isn't going to increase. WWE has 99% of the market share. When the number 2 company cant draw 200 fans to their tapings and loses their TV deal then they are barely in the same business.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It does make a difference though doesn't it? TNA has Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Bobby Lashley etc,  and if reports are anything to go by, they're talking to Alberto Del Rio. They've lost so much star power over the past few years but they still have a few big names in there.

TNA isn't a full-time option any more as the house show business is losing the company money if anything, but its still somewhere else to work. That's my argument, as the discussion was about midcarders clogging up the WWE because of the lack of options. At least TNA (and maybe GFW) are still there if they want a steady job in north America to go along with the inevitable indy work.

• Paid Members

TNA hardly signs anyone, though. Its not like 2007, when they'd sign anyone and everyone. They arent an option for most of the business. Its an odd mix of if you want to go to WWE you never sign for TNA (like Sami Zayn, Prince Devitt, Kevin Steen, Adrian Neville and all those NXT wrestlers) or if you have been released from WWE you can make far on money on the indies. TNA is no more an option to make a living than the convention circuit is. AJ Styles is the prime example of that. He's never been to WWE and spent 12 years in TNA, but he makes more money now than he did in TNA. And that goes for the rest of them. TNA is only an option for people who dont actually need the option of working there, like Jeff Hardy and Bobby Lashley. If you are on the bread line, you'll probably still be there if you sign for TNA. These TNA wrestlers haven't worked a match for them since September. Its a part time league now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

So an entire episode of River City (I honestly don't watch it - got a txt from a friend to put it on) has just been on and was based almost entirely around Grado making a guest appearance (pretty much as Grado, albeit under the name Buster for some reason).  He was an old friend of some female character and the show ended with her taking her old dementia patient to see Grado/Buster face Jack Jeckyl at a wrestling show.  Wasn't just the usual wrestling spot either, he interacted with quite a few characters and was in scenes all the way through the episode.  Some tremendous exposure for the guy. They aired a trailer for the ICW documentary sequel at the end of the show too.  Nicely done.

So an entire episode of River City (I honestly don't watch it - got a txt from a friend to put it on) has just been on and was based almost entirely around Grado making a guest appearance (pretty much as Grado, albeit under the name Buster for some reason).  He was an old friend of some female character and the show ended with her taking her old dementia patient to see Grado/Buster face Jack Jeckyl at a wrestling show.  Wasn't just the usual wrestling spot either, he interacted with quite a few characters and was in scenes all the way through the episode.  Some tremendous exposure for the guy. They aired a trailer for the ICW documentary sequel at the end of the show too.  Nicely done.

It wasn't a guest slot, he has joined the show full time. Was in all the papers a few months ago.

The Insane Fight Club director also directs River City

Edited by PBWFan

• Paid Members

The Young Bucks are garbage, but that's quality trolling if they go ahead with it.

The Bucks are the best heels in the biz, in and out of the ring.

Without even seeing their act I hated them for ages when I would constantly be reading about their antics, but since I realised that they are 100% self-aware about what they're doing and better understand what their whole act is about, I think they're great!