Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Aye. It was a bit of an awkward position for Punk to be in. He could really laugh along at the piss ripping, because it could be taken as him not taking MMA seriously, but if he got pissed off about it, he'd look thin skinned and unable to take a joke. It looked like he just decided to shut up and try and stay professional, which all he really could do.

I've never actually watched Landsberg before. Is he like that with all his guests?

Plus there will be a certain amount of parents buying the PPVs for their kids. Those parents might not want to sign up to the network for a month only to take it away from their kids once the free period is over. There's always going to be people who'd rather make a larger one off payment than signing up for stuff

To be fair, whoever that was interviewing Punk seemed like a right cock.

Only just watched it but I did enjoy that. Never seen any previous interviews by the guy but he does seen happy to try and get a reaction. Think Punk handled it really well and stopped him in his tracks a few times

Landsberg's done loads of WWE interviews over the years, mostly around 2000-2004 I think. I don't remember him ever being such a wind-up. He always seemed like he was a fan or at least knew his wrestling, but on this one he was in proper "lol fake wrestler doing UFC" agenda. If he thought Punk was the sort who is up for laughing at himself, he must have not followed it in a decade.

• Paid Members

Landsberg's turned into Max Headroom since he appeared on Wrestling With Shadows. He's had some shocking work done. I've seen him be absolute wankers to loads in attempts at being funny. It rarely works. He's always seemed like to much of a weirdo to try and banter with his guests.

He has said on many occasions that Bret Hart and the WWF (who would counter Bret's arguments by coming on OTR) pretty much made the show popular in the late 90s. Maybe Landsberg has been prepped to set Punk up and try and make a fool of him by one of his mates in WWE.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay