Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Maybe you could gather all the listeners of your podcast to sign a petition and get the truth to come out. Progress sold out a couple of hundred tickets out overnight compared to 1000 tickets. Just weird that there always seems to be spare seats at Progress.

• Moderators
That's my point though - selling 1000 tickets in just over two months is impressive, but it wasn't the fastest selling in history.

My god, it's pro wrestling! It doesn't actually matter. It's an industry built on lies. If I run a show in my front room, and sell the settee to my parents and Dog does it make it the fastest selling show in the UK ever? Does it matter? It's Pro Wrestling. Pro Wrestling is all about promotion and bullshit.

I wanted to get your guys' opinions on this.

So, at the ICW Edinburgh show they claimed that it was "the fastest selling show in British wrestling history". Now, selling 1000 tickets in the middle of the Fringe outside of your normal market in 2 and a half months is really impressive, but it's not the fastest ever. Progress sold out their latest show in 24 hours, and I'm pretty sure ICW didn't go back and check every single British wrestling show ever to see if they were the fastest.

This isn't about having a go at what is a really great company in ICW, but it's more of a general question: why do promotions make shit up that is quite obviously false, when telling the truth is impressive enough?

Now, I'm not Mr. Guinness, so I could be entirely wrong on this whole record thing, but surely the whole point is that they sold ONE THOUSAND tickets in such a short space of time. Progress' event was only 350 capacity, so while Progress may have sold out their run of tickets faster, the small amount negates that because if Progress theoretically were to run a 1000 seater, they wouldn't have sold out as fast as they did. If someone held an event in a venue with 10 seats, and sold all the tickets to their pals on a night out at the pub, would they be entitled to claim they were the "fastest selling show in British Wrestling"?

That's my point though - selling 1000 tickets in just over two months is impressive, but it wasn't the fastest selling in history.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I don't think that they were really hurting each other as much as they made out!

I think you should just go back to worrying where Dave Rayne will finish in the UKFF 50 and not go on about things you clearly don't understand.

• Paid Members
I think you should just go back to worrying where Dave Rayne will finish in the UKFF 50 and not go on about things you clearly don't understand.

Not high enough, that's for sure.

BestofOrlando.com is reporting that a physical WWE Hall of Fame location, which has been talked about for quite sometime now, will indeed be built in Universal Studios Orlando, and will replace the closing NBA City. The report notes the following:

The NBA City is also expected to shut down to make way for the WWE Hall of Fame and a possible wrestling-themed restaurant. And lastly, there is also talk of the Galaxy Bar reopening as some kind of high-end snack bar featuring unique hot dog creations.

Disaster in the making or the ultimate wrestling fan pilgrimage?

Ian Rotten apparently has cancer according to his Facebook.

Some of you may have seen that guys are saying that they are now open next weekend, and I have waited this long in an attempt to get ahold of everyone that was booked on the show so the boys would find out from me rather than social media. Many of you may have noticed the lack of updates the past couple weeks. I have been battling pancreatitis and my uncontrolled diabetes.

I was hospitalized on Friday, August 30th, and through the processes of treating pancreatitis and running other tests on me, I was diagnosed today with gastric stomach cancer. I will be undergoing chemotherapy on Wednesday, twice a week for the next six weeks in an effort to get rid of this which is being diagnosed and told to me as in a very early stage.

I'm not asking for anybodies sympathy, I'm not asking for anybodies money. If you have bought tickets to either the September or October show, your money will be returned to you within the next two weeks. I do ask if you believe in our Lord almighty that you say a prayer for me...and if you don't, any good vibes will definitely be appreciated too. I realize in this day and age to some people this may even be good news. To those people I hope that this terrible disease never strikes your family.

To the people I was unable to get a hold of, and you're finding out this way, I apologize, but our fans deserve to know and with guys saying they were open next weekend and stuff it was time to give them an answer. Know that I am not writing a bucket list, and that I am planning for the future. To the boys that I spoke to today, thank you so much for your overwhelming support. I cannot tell you how much your words of encouragement and love have meant to me getting through this beyond harsh day. My hopes are in 7 weeks I am given a clean bill of health and to begin preparing a great show for the first weekend in December. Thanks to all for understanding, and I hope you have a blessed day.

I know it's awful to not believe someone having a life-threatening illness, but this is Ian bloody Rotten. If it's true, I hope he beats it, but if in three weeks, I see tribute dinners to "pay his medical bills", I wouldn't be surprised at all.

• Paid Members

Dont they say if fluorescent light tube dust enters the blood stream it can lead to cancer? Yet more reason why those spots are retarded.

But yeah, cancer is never good, but its sad that there are so many people not believing him. And for good reason. A lot of scummy indy promoters and wrestlers in general lie about getting cancer when their credibility is dead. And he definitely fits the lying, scummy promoter category.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Bit random... but according to one news site, this is Cody Rhodes wedding list. So if you fancy getting him a toaster, or a set of towels, you can.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/gift...;wcsid=41685944

Mr. (and Mrs.) Rhodes also seem to have a thing for comic book wall art. Good man.