Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Seems shagging John Cena gives you some political stroke:

- It was reported earlier this year that former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis was in talks to return to the company for a multi-Diva match at WrestleMania 28. It was later reported that some current WWE Divas had a problem with Maria and others returning to they nixed their returns. Last night on Twitter, Maria revealed which Divas prevented her WWE return. She tweeted:

"I was offered a @wwe contract and the Bellas made sure I didn't get it. I'm not bitter. I just don't like people that mess with my career."

Courtesy of lordsofpain.net

• Paid Members

Welcome to April. She said that months ago. Its how wrestling is anyway. You call Serge a bellend you arent working for TNA. If you call Stephanie cow you arent working for WWE. Dont have a go at the girlfriend of someone in power. Maria buried the Bellas when she left WWE. She should have thought twice.

If I called the lass of my supervisor at my job a slag (which she is), I wouldnt have a job tomorrow either.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

She's made her boyfriend join the shit tattoo club as well.

BNpYRiSCMAAUIoU.jpg

WWE like you to have skulls and snakes and snakes with beards eating skulls and stuff like that. Not shite messages to your woman.

Fucking hell those are awful.

On a side note WWE should care about what tattoos their on screen performers get. They are in the business of promoting people as superstars (while usually wearing very little in the ring.) A cheap shit tattoo hardly builds the aura a wrestler should have.

• Paid Members

Wade Barrett had a Goldberg tattoo of all things. They made him get rid of that pretty sharp. Sam Shaw's the winner of the shit tattoos, though.

img_4299.jpg

What the fuck happened there?

One of the Gut Check lads is suing TNA. I always thought Sam Shaw had the potential to put TNA out of business. He still might do, if its him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

On a side note WWE should care about what tattoos their on screen performers get. They are in the business of promoting people as superstars (while usually wearing very little in the ring.) A cheap shit tattoo hardly builds the aura a wrestler should have.

They do, don't they? I thought talent were always supposed to run any new tattoos/piercings/hairstyle changes past the bosses. But unless someone gets something that really stands out, tattoos probably aren't a cause for concern. So many famous people have nondescript/shit tattoos now that a wrestler would have to work hard to look bad enough for people to be bothered. Vance Archer managed it with his tramp stamp, but nobody ever bothers Lesnar about his tattoos and they are awful. CM Punk and Randy Orton are both covered in shit tattoos, but because there are so many, they just look like a big mess of squiggles (Orton) and colours (Punk) the same as scores of other people. I wonder what kind of stir it would cause if John Cena or Daniel Bryan just strolled in one day with a massive back tattoo.

• Moderators

Maybe too many wrestlers have tattoos these days. One of the reasons Goldberg stood out is because he had that one awesome and iconic tattoo. If I was in charge I'd be cutting back on allowing people to have them so they look individual and marketable when someone does have a cool one.

I've always thought Santino's tattoos worked against his gimmick, loveable comedy Italian bloke with a sock puppet yet he looks like he should be working on the waltzers with those tattoos, surprised they didn't cover him up more when they decided he was going to do the daft cunt gimmick