Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Moderators
If she has been fired (which she might not be), I doubt she's giving up 90 days of WWE money to show up on Impact.

Isn't the 90 day no compete clause all about royalties? Points on a show probably aren't very much when she was only briefly on one PPV.

• Paid Members

I think she gets her weekly salary as well. They give you 90 days notice when they sack you, I believe. But then again, the women aren't actually on high downsides. Their money comes from TV appearances and being on the road. And she's had a year of free money off them. She might be in a position where she could earn more on the Indies and TNA, than sitting at home getting her WWE money.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members
But now it's on for real -- the 43-year-old powerhouse signed with the CES MMA league -- and is all set up to fight on October 6 at the Duncan Doughnuts Theater in Providence, Rhode Island.

That's be an awesome name for a squash-guy wrestler.

If this is true about Kharma being released it just goes to show how much interest WWE have in the Diva's division that they are willing to get rid of somebody who could potentially bring some credibility and much needed attention the Diva's.

• Paid Members
But now it's on for real -- the 43-year-old powerhouse signed with the CES MMA league -- and is all set up to fight on October 6 at the Duncan Doughnuts Theater in Providence, Rhode Island.

That's be an awesome name for a squash-guy wrestler.

He could team with Ken-tucky Fried Chicken.

Don't run away!

In other news, totally unrelated to the two above posts, WWE have just signed season veteran and highly rated womens wrestler Sara Del Rey:

220px-Sara_Del_Rey_ROH.jpg

Oooo, let's all have a wank, lads.

So, she's going to play Kelly Kelly's ugly mate who Kelly tries to set up with some lad so they can double date?

Edited by Rosegarden Funeral

Awesome Kong belongs back in TNA, if she's smart (which she's not), she'll get re-signed to them with decent money, Gail Kim or Chrissy Hemme money.

• Paid Members

Can't for the life of me see what Sara Del Rey is going to be able to offer WWE. If they actually cared about wrestling in the women's division, fine, but they don't. It's more about getting some arse out there.

Didn't Daniel Bryan train her? Would he have enough respect around WWE to have swung a developmental contract for her? It's a baffling signing whatever the answer is.

• Paid Members
What's Kong going to do back in TNA though? That's what I'm not sure about.

I enjoyed her work with Gail Kim before, but beyond that, there's not exactly a whole lot for her to do.

At least in WWE there were some new options.

I think there's a bit more - I don't think Tara was there when she was, so that'd be a decent slugfest, methinks. Also, Tessmacher, Sarita, Rosita, Winter and Taeler Hendrix would provide a bit of fresh competition.

I enjoyed her work with Gail Kim before, but beyond that, there's not exactly a whole lot for her to do.

I think there's a bit more - I don't think Tara was there when she was, so that'd be a decent slugfest, methinks. Also, Tessmacher, Sarita, Rosita, Winter and Taeler Hendrix would provide a bit of fresh competition.

They're not really behind the majority of those with any regularity in recent times though. Tessmacher's nice and all but she's not fantastic.

• Paid Members

They're not really behind the majority of those with any regularity in recent times though. Tessmacher's nice and all but she's not fantastic.

They haven't really had time to get behind Tess yet, with all these other storylines going on. I think, with the most recent developments in her title reign, they're probably gearing up to give her something a bit more meaty. It'd take a while to get Kong back, I reckon, so they've got time to properly give people a chance to invest in Tess. She's not too bad a babyface - gets sympathy pretty well.

• Paid Members

Kharma out, Del Ray in? They're not bothered, are they. Not bothered in the slightest. The division seems to have been on its arse since Lita and Trish left. No one seems to have a jot of personality, quite a few of them look like they need a hot dinner and the work is always flimsy and unconvincing. Not entirely sure why they'd bother getting rid of one (comparatively speaking) brick shithouse to bring another in.

Now that Kelly is gone, I cant even think of a babyface that could draw decent sympathy getting tied up or pounded on by Sara. At least if Kong goes back to TNA they can give her a relatively fresh match with Mickie James, which had it taken place in WWE would have been prefaced by some hilarious commentary about who was more likely to eat the other. Honestly, about the only thing worth watching in mainstream womens wrestling right now is Tessmacher's erse.

I miss LayCool.