Raw Liverpool Results/Spoilers

The Dart

How do they go about bringing them out/re-shooting the ending? I've never been to a taping before and wonder how they do it without basically say " Oops we fucked up"....

Cena and Ryder were stood in the ring after the loss. R-Truth and Miz left, then Miz music hit and they came back down, ran in for a little brawl and Cena and Miz went into the same spot as the finish. Only R-Truth was too late getting to Cena's legs, so Cena kicked out and they did it again. Then as Miz and Truth ran off after the pin, Cena got the mic and acted confused as to how he just got pinned when there wasn't a match. Then Ziggler and Punk came for a three on three brawl and they did the traditional babyfaces coming out on top.

Ah cool cheers. Must have confused the hell outta the live crowd.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was the Cult of Personality not on the show?

He was:

balotelliwwe.jpg

Link Here

Bloody hell, never been quoted in the press before.

I'm owed a beer too XD

Atually it turns out it was just a Balotelli lookalike, the real Balotelli's in Italy with the international squad.

Of course it fuckin wasn't Balotelli. Do you really think even that prick would go on an evening out, wearing a Man City shirt, with his own name and number printed on the back?! Get real for Christ's sake.

Ahh it annoyed me so much that some thick shits last night actually thought it was him. Oh wait...we were in Liverpool, of course.

• Paid Members
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention him! His best promo since he came back, I reckon. But it was a bit CM Punk-esque for my liking. "I shoulda buried you in '95! I got the pop of the night at the Rumble and you only gave me a Legends contract!"

To be fair though, everyone seems to be doing this in WWE lately- making smarky real-life references. Dolph does it quite a bit too. Twitter is probably the cause of this, tweeting with fans that know certain 'behind the scenes' things whilst at the same time tweeting with casual marks.

Of course it fuckin wasn't Balotelli. Do you really think even that prick would go on an evening out, wearing a Man City shirt, with his own name and number printed on the back?!

That is the exact sort of thing I would expect Balotelli to do.

• Paid Members

WWE should have a Jeremy Borash type character at their shows. Someone who can gear the crowd up before the bell starts. TNA isn't even on TV when they tour over here, but the crowds are always hot because Borash does a bit of warm up before the show to get them into the wrestlers. Jarrett and Borash cant promote the shows worth a shit, but they know how to make it a good live experience. Borash did the same for those WWA house shows in 2001, if anyone can remember those. The live commentary was great. WWA was a good little touring promotion.

The crowd were shite. Popped during entrances, then barely reacted during the matches. Mason Ryan VS JTG especially.. As for the botched ending. When Miz slid off Cena to hit the ropes, Cena was standing. But when the camera cut back for Miz to kick him, he was on his knees. And the front row were standing, when previously they were sitting down. How do they go about bringing them out/re-shooting the ending? I've never been to a taping before and wonder how they do it without basically say " Oops we fucked up"....

Whenever I've been to TV tapings, it's just been the same as it is in America. Faces get cheered when they come out and win, heels get booed when they come and thats it. If you're not Cena, Undertaker, Hornswoggle or Triple H and HBK as DX nobody gives a shit and you just get a token goodie or baddie reaction at the start and end.

As for the re-shooting scenes, there was that 'infamous' Drew McIntyre/Finlay beat down at a Smackdown show a couple of years back that must have taken the best part of 20 minutes while McIntyre kept walking out and coming back in to beat him up again. I was trollied at the time with those supapints they do at the Sheffield Arena, but it seemed to take an absolute age and totally killed the crowd.

As for the re-shooting scenes, there was that 'infamous' Drew McIntyre/Finlay beat down at a Smackdown show a couple of years back that must have taken the best part of 20 minutes while McIntyre kept walking out and coming back in to beat him up again. I was trollied at the time with those supapints they do at the Sheffield Arena, but it seemed to take an absolute age and totally killed the crowd.

That was possibly the worst bit of a proper wrestling show I've ever been at. Tonight's my first Smackdown taping since. I remember being gobsmacked at how long they spent doing it again and again. I never could stomach watching it on TV, were the constant reappearances all retakes or did the version that aired have McIntyre keep battering him, disappearing, then coming back to batter him some more?

WWE should have a Jeremy Borash type character at their shows. Someone who can gear the crowd up before the bell starts. TNA isn't even on TV when they tour over here, but the crowds are always hot because Borash does a bit of warm up before the show to get them into the wrestlers. Jarrett and Borash cant promote the shows worth a shit, but they know how to make it a good live experience. Borash did the same for those WWA house shows in 2001, if anyone can remember those. The live commentary was great. WWA was a good little touring promotion.

Agreed - and where have those 10 years gone!

As an aside I got landed with going to a reality show's tour and they had a warm up man before the show started and it worked a treat, similar to Borash at WWA/TNA.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure around 1995 WWE had a guy that used to be a Sea World performer who acted as a warm up. He had a article in WWF Magazine, but I'm sure he wasn't around for long.

WWE should have a Jeremy Borash type character at their shows. Someone who can gear the crowd up before the bell starts. TNA isn't even on TV when they tour over here, but the crowds are always hot because Borash does a bit of warm up before the show to get them into the wrestlers.

Exactly. Tony Chimmel used to warm up the crowd well (not sure how he does now?) but Justin Roberts made it look like they were just rushing through to get in and out of the arena as fast as they could?

Yeah I always get that impression with Roberts too. He charges into the ring at the start and really does seem like he's just heard the 4 minute warning or something.

As an aside, Last time at Nottingham we'd had about 4 matches, and it was only 20 minutes in, I remember I went in 2003 and it lasted like 3 and a half hours, really good show, back in April it only just went past 2 and a half, they seem to rush a lot more these days.

• Paid Members

Pettengill was great at it. One thing Pettengill was never slagged off for was his ability to get in and among the crowd and interact with them. The 30 minute warm up shows for the old WWF videos were occassionally better than the actual PPV's. Todd had the fans going nutty before SummerSlam 94, I remember. If it wasnt for Todd's WrestleMania XI warm up act with all the celebrities, it wouldn't have been worth watching. I always imagined Scott Stanford would be great at interacting with the average folk in the crowd. Not like he needs to go on the road mind you.

Of course it fuckin wasn't Balotelli. Do you really think even that prick would go on an evening out, wearing a Man City shirt, with his own name and number printed on the back?! Get real for Christ's sake.

Ahh it annoyed me so much that some thick shits last night actually thought it was him. Oh wait...we were in Liverpool, of course.

Hmmm, well...this is Mario Balotelli we're talking about. Who knows? :laugh:

I thought this show was alright but nothing spectacular, which has basically been RAW in a nutshell over the past few years for the most part. I did miss the Smackdown stars being on the same show though.

I laughed at Punk ripping apart Del Rio. These little ''shoots'' he does are winks to the audience but you don't need to be a smark to understand him, which is why there's no problem with them. Nash's promo was also pretty good, definitely the best since he came back, simply because he was his usual self and not trying to be super serious.

Archived