Raw Liverpool Results/Spoilers

The Dart

• Paid Members
These little ''shoots'' he does are winks to the audience but you don't need to be a smark to understand him, which is why there's no problem with them.

Like the skateboard, vanilla midget and Rob Naylor comments? He was right about the WWE title being uninteresting though. The fact its behind Cena and The Rock teaming and Kevin Nash and Triple H showed that.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These little ''shoots'' he does are winks to the audience but you don't need to be a smark to understand him, which is why there's no problem with them.

Like the skateboard, vanilla midget and Rob Naylor comments? He was right about the WWE title being uninteresting though. The fact its behind Cena and The Rock teaming and Kevin Nash and Triple H showed that.

There might be a couple of exceptions but for the most part, he doesn't usually delve into WCW 2000 territory with them. Most of the things he says still make sense on WWE TV without him having to acknowledge that it isn't real.

• Paid Members
There might be a couple of exceptions but for the most part, he doesn't usually delve into WCW 2000 territory with them. Most of the things he says still make sense on WWE TV without him having to acknowledge that it isn't real.

Who mentioned WCW? Insider references have no place on a wrestling show at all, unless they are relavent to the storyline and you can get anyway with it. Like the original promo CM Punk did in June.

Just at the Echo Arena for the Smackdown taping. Half of the arena seats (no exaggeration) are covered up. I'd be very surprised if Liverpool gets tapings again.

It's usually like that for Smackdown anyway, but I didn't think it would be as bad this time with the smaller arena at the Echo.

Does anybody think Glasgow will ever get a tv taping? The Braehead Arena holds only around 5200 but the Scottish Hydro Arena will soon be finished and that holds around about 12500. I understand that England will always be the main taping place but it would be cool to have at least one in Scotland.

I don't think anyone knows the real reason why Glasgow doesn't get tapings. I think one thing that goes against it is the height of the place, i think that is why they stopped doing pyro in the arena a few years back too. For anyone that hasn't seen the inside of the building these are just a few pictures.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4554...a_getty_416.jpg

http://www.mastersfootball.com/Images/Arenas/braehead.jpg

While on the subject, i was watching Raw today and the set looked really tiny. I remember when they first introduced the HD set they had a video on WWE.com and the guy that designed it said the previous stage was 6ft high but this one was only 3ft high and then i saw pics from Raw yesterday that fans had took and it really is tiny. They do a good job of making it look big on TV and even the smaller arenas, they make all the arenas look big. I'm not sure if they could do it with Braehead. I think SECC holds around 10,000 for wrestling but they aint been there for years and that definately wont hold any of WWE's production sets. Maybe when the Hydro arena is finished they will come here for TV but until then it will always be England, why not Ireland? Why not Wales? The UK isn't just Scotland and England so why not let these other places get TV tapings too? The answer is simple, Americans believe England is the UK. That's why WWE go to London, it's not because London is a nice place, it isn't, it's full of criminals and drug addicts and it's the Capital of the UK so everything is there. All the big TV stations and radio stations are there, all the celebrities live there because that's where the work is. So WWE tapes there because of that fact. Anything celebrity related or film related comes out of London, to every other country in the world the UK is basically London England. They don't know anywhere else.

And then the fact that Smackdown tonight has half the seats covered up, this is nothing new either. It doesn't matter what city the shows are in, people just aren't into wrestling as much anymore. It's the WWE brand that is stale, it's not the city or the fans and the only way that is gonna change is when WWE decide to change and personally i believe they need to be brought down before they can be rebuilt. I really do. I really hope they continue to get low ticket sales and maybe low ratings because it is the only real way change is gonna come about. They are making it predictable and boring. They are sanitizing their own show so much that people literally are walking away now and there's no glimmer of hope for them to turn back. Vince McMahon's arrogance will see to that. The wrestlers collecting big paycheques every week and not really giving a damn well certainly not enough to open their mouths to management and TRY and improve the product will see to that. They do have it coming to them and it's deserving, my God is it deserving. And of course any wrestler with half a brain cell in their head will look at those empty seats week in and week out and realise why it's like that. First thing they realise is, they're not as good as they think they are, they ain't bringing customers into the building and secondly the less people buying tickets means the less money they make.

Of course i'm sure even the lowest paid WWE wrestler makes more money in 1 month than most people here will in a year. I'd swap places with them instantly but if it was my dream job and i'd spent years training and doing my best to 'make it' and then see things the way they are just now i'd be trying to make it better.

• Paid Members
That's why WWE go to London, it's not because London is a nice place, it isn't, it's full of criminals and drug addicts

Good lord you're a proper pillock, aren't you? What on fucking earth are you basing that on? Because a lot of criminal-related incidents happen there? You shove 10 million people in The Quantocks and you will have a lot of incidents there too, you dolt. I am fairly certain that for a highly-populated area the crime rate pro rata in London is rather low.

Edit: And hold the fucking phone- YOU'RE FROM GLASGOW! Oh I see, you were being ironic.

Maybe when the Hydro arena is finished they will come here for TV but until then it will always be England, why not Ireland? Why not Wales? The UK isn't just Scotland and England so why not let these other places get TV tapings too?

To be fair, Wales will never get a taping. Simply because there is no place to hold a taping here. Biggest arena is the Motor point and it's way too small.

Archived