New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

From what I remember it was a thread about hasbros and he came out with some amazing posts and knowledge about various rare figures, pics of production designs, genuine post of the year stuff. Can't remember him posting before that, someone else might have a better idea about that. Then he started to mention his collection and the shit hit the fan. 

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

First ring (with the square posts, I know what you meant now) Had no sound box. WCW ring came with one and later they sold it separately (I got it for Christmas 1992) before I knew hasbro did one. 

My ring came with first Hogan and Warrior but think they were carded, not in the box. It came from littlewoods catalogue  

• Paid Members

This thread has really brought some childhood memories back. 

Remember buying a wrestling figure from Index, which was a catalogue shop like Argos in Barnsley(not sure if they were everywhere). In the Barnsley store, you ordered at till like at Argos, but unlike Argos, for some reason you couldn't ask for the full selection sending down so you could choose which you wanted. They just sent one, and if you didn't want it had to go and order another to be sent until you found one you didn't want.

Well, on this occasion my Nan paid for a figure, and we went to the collection point where as a kid it felt like forever until you know which figure would come down in the lift. I had my back to the counter and my Nan was given a big box. Confused, she opened it up to find a selection of about 8(can't remember the exact number) of figures in and promptly bundled me out of the shop.

Turns out whoever had been picking them must have gone to where they were stored, and come across a box and thought that was the item. I remember there was like(for example)4 of one figure, 3 of another and one of another(that was Bret Hart I think, as I remember he is who I went in for). The extras went on my cousins Christmas prezzies, and I was left with the knowledge my Nan was a dodgy get!

I had an Index in my town, which wasn't Barnsley, so I assume they were everywhere.

I'm imagining your nan quickly changing the channel when Crimewatch came on that night.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I had an Index in my town, which wasn't Barnsley, so I assume they were everywhere.

I'm imagining your nan quickly changing the channel when Crimewatch came on that night.

I've just had a quick look online, and Index were indeed a National company. They were part of Littlewoods and were usually in their stores apparently!

She actually bribed me with a copy of SummerSlam '92 on VHS to keep it quiet from the rest of the family. God I miss her, the dodgy old cow...

• Paid Members

She's sounds class. My nan was very similar by the sounds of it, full of love, down to earth, whilst being a full on sneaky rouge.

The box story is ace and yes index must have been national as we had one in Darlington. 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Had a couple nearby. The main difference I remember between Index and Argos was that at Index your order would arrive on a conveyor belt, like something from the Generation Game.

Did they trundle everyone's purchases along the belt and then give the whole lot to whichever waiting customer could remember the most products?

Edit: Cod Eye's nan evidently thought so.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members

I swear this is true, my Mam bought my Hasbro ring from Woolworths (or Argos one of the two) and when I opened it on Christmas day I'll never forget there was a packet of lemon polos in the fucking box. Everytime I see that Hasbro ring, I get a taste of lemon in my mouth. I miss lemon polos as much as I do early 90s WWF.