GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Wrong Side Of The Tracks on GTA:SA made me unleash a barrage of swear words. Fifty attempts it took me. I remember Ralphy being all smug about beating it on #theukff, which depressed me further.

I'm really hoping Tesco have a midnight release. I asked them today, and told me they weren't too sure until two days before its out :(

If your local store is 24 hours then there will be a midnight release.

Wrong Side Of The Tracks on GTA:SA made me unleash a barrage of swear words. Fifty attempts it took me. I remember Ralphy being all smug about beating it on #theukff, which depressed me further.

I'm really hoping Tesco have a midnight release. I asked them today, and told me they weren't too sure until two days before its out :(

Tesco have decided to leave it to individual store policy, no national guideline. But it will be available from midnight. I'm guessing, from previous launches, that there will be a pallet of them all ready to wheel out on the shop floor.

Display units arrived today....Stock arrives Monday before 12pm.

Not GTA but shooting up a train just outside of Blackwater and then making a mad dash for the border in Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rock Star game memory, in fact I used to just love riding around in Red Dead Redemption and if that map is accurate I can see myself doing the same with GTAV.

And I'm so going all First Blood on the police in the wilderness.

Shame they can't use the Internet connection so you can listen to real online stations. Admittedly very few people will get this reference, but the thought of driving round Los Santos while Brian Steele of Bristol Carpets does his Jack FM adverts is pretty tasty.

I spent about 6 months researching this for EA when I was working on Sim City. I was looking at integrating internet radio providers into the game, so you'd get music appropriate to the area blasting out of houses and businesses when you zoomed in - Chinatown, industrial areas, posh houses, talk radio in trucks, etc.

Turned out to be a legal quagmire. The closest we got was on the last Need For Speed where you could make Spotify playlists to share with your mates. One day I'll get a chance to do it, unless someone else gets there first. I had all the tech sorted, it was just the legal side of it that wouldn't fly.

• Moderators
I had to get someone to do the missions where you had to fly a plane through rings at an airfield for me, did the first level or two but could never complete it.

Banned.

The GTAOnline opportunities for UKFF hijinx seem plentiful. We need to form gangs, nay cartels, mow down shit posters, and do heists where I fuck you all over and steal all the motherfucking money we work together as a team.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Shame they can't use the Internet connection so you can listen to real online stations. Admittedly very few people will get this reference, but the thought of driving round Los Santos while Brian Steele of Bristol Carpets does his Jack FM adverts is pretty tasty.

I spent about 6 months researching this for EA when I was working on Sim City. I was looking at integrating internet radio providers into the game, so you'd get music appropriate to the area blasting out of houses and businesses when you zoomed in - Chinatown, industrial areas, posh houses, talk radio in trucks, etc.

Turned out to be a legal quagmire. The closest we got was on the last Need For Speed where you could make Spotify playlists to share with your mates. One day I'll get a chance to do it, unless someone else gets there first. I had all the tech sorted, it was just the legal side of it that wouldn't fly.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 did it, driving a tonnes of spuds from Poland with Radio 4 blasting out is more fun than it sounds.

In comparison, GTA4 was shit, but it was always going to be the case. Who wants to hear too many stations with modern music, eh?

There were one or two good songs. It always felt quite therapeutic when driving to the sound of "Goodbye Horses" or "Jailbreak". There was the "Wanna Be Your Dog" song from Lock, Stock ... and listening to repeats of the Bill Hader & Ricky Gervais stuff didn't get too boring imo.

• Moderators
I had to get someone to do the missions where you had to fly a plane through rings at an airfield for me, did the first level or two but could never complete it.

Banned.

To be fair, me and my mate were stuck on that for fucking hours. But we went to sleep and completed it pretty quickly the next day, so I'm pretty sure it was just been how stoned and tired we were by that point.