GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Fuck sake. I couldn't give a shit about the extra content or first person, but throw extra music and now I'm going weak at the knees. I CAN'T go out and buy a fucking next-gen console JUST for extra music, most of which I already have, can I?

I can't think of anything better than driving around to Midnight City. And now you can.

Burning Heart by Survivor! FFS they're deliberately putting a Rocky 4 song there to draw me in, too. Dangerzone, Bone Thugs & Harmony, Luniz! Oh man :(

Black Friday is coming. May be a deal to be had.

• Paid Members

I picked it up for £42.99 in Sainsburys. I really had no intention of getting it this early, and it'll probably mean me jacking in Fifa for a bit. Came with a code for a million in game dollars too. Really nice, I thought was a pre order only bonus. 

The install is taking fucking ages :(

Sainsburys tend to order a bulk of items for launches and keep it together, then they sit in the storeroom so there's a good chance you'll pick up the pre-order extras whenever you buy it, unless it's a really big seller and they need to make multiple orders over time. I've always got the preorder bonus when buying from them even though I rarely preorder.

• Paid Members

I'm really going to take my time this time around. When I played the PS3 version, I blew through the story because I wanted to join my friends online. So, I pretty much didn't do anything once I finished the main story. This time, I'm going to soak it all in. The TV shows, all the radio stations, all the side missions, jumps. Everything. I don't plan to buy another came for quite some time. This and Titanfall will be all I need.

It really does look spectacular on the PS4 (XB1 too I assume). Not to the point that you feel like you're playing a different game, but enough to notice a difference.

Can't say I'm overly taken with first person view, but I pretty much dislike it in any game tbh. It also doesn't feel like GTA in first person either.

What I am loving above everything else though is all phone calls, police CB radio etc. all come through the speaker in the PS4 pad. It was very easy to miss what was being said on the police CB radio when all the sounds were mashed together, but now it's separated and pretty much right next to you it really is pretty cool listening to the cops talking about what vehicle I'm in and where I've been seen. Love it.

Just like SpursRiot i'm planning on taking it slow this time. I've already seen so many little details I missed the first time around.

I find that i'm getting used to first person mode now. I still like and trust the standard view more for certain missions but i'm using first person more than I expected.

For certain missions i'm finding it pays to stay mainly in first person, a good example of this is the early mission with Jimmy on the stolen yacht. I recommend that people alternate between first person and the cinema view when playing that one. 

Did the last gen version have cats? I've seen so many cats while playing this tonight and I cannot recall seeing any on last gen!