GTAV

Astro Hollywood

That is a good deal for the XB1. Shocking how much they have dropped in price over the last 12 months. I know PS4 have dropped a bit too, but the XB1 price difference is quite vast in comparison.

The reason is because they're no longer bundled with the Kinect 2.0, you now have to buy these separately like it should have been in the first place -.-

• Paid Members

Yeah, PS4 wins in graphics. But it depends what you're looking for in your console. I've banged on before about how much I love the integration with my cable box and everything else.

If you're getting an Xbox I would personally recommend getting Kinect. You'd think you may not get any use out of voice commands and shit but once I had it I never looked back. As far as for games, seems like Microsoft are moving away from Kinect.

• Moderators

I've not really explored it on the Xbone, but I used to love Xbox Arcade when I was gaming more. Loads of fun little games; I'd spend more time playing those than "proper" titles.

One of my prouder moments in gaming was playing Super Tank Run so much that we had every slot on every scoreboard in the game (different scoreboards for the different game modes).

They actually had to patch the game because of us - they changed it so that each unique gamertag could only have one slot on each scoreboard.

I'm sure they would have been happy that someone liked and played their game that much though!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I feel like I'm being stupid here, but I can't really tell the difference between the two there.

Neither can I. The whole 60fps vs 90fps thing I don't really get. Must be my eyes. :(

I don't think that was the point of the video. It was more to do with how much more foliage there was on PS4 compared to the XB1 version. Everything else seems to be exactly the same. 

It explains more here - http://www.gamepur.com/news/17016-gta-v-ps4-vs-xbox-one-comparison-gifs-shows-startling-and-noticeable.html

My comment was tongue in cheek, although it does seem odd that the XB1 had to give up that extra little bit of detail.

• Paid Members

I feel like I'm being stupid here, but I can't really tell the difference between the two there.

Neither can I. The whole 60fps vs 90fps thing I don't really get. Must be my eyes. :(

I don't think that was the point of the video. It was more to do with how much more foliage there was on PS4 compared to the XB1 version. Everything else seems to be exactly the same. 

It explains more here - http://www.gamepur.com/news/17016-gta-v-ps4-vs-xbox-one-comparison-gifs-shows-startling-and-noticeable.html

My comment was tongue in cheek, although it does seem odd that the XB1 had to give up that extra little bit of detail.

Ahh, I never watched the video. I just jumped in with the usual PS4/Xbone comparisons.

In the gifs there is a lot of difference. In the video not much. I've yet to play through it properly though. I'm still messing about with Sunset Overdrive and then onto Halo before I get a good go at GTA V.