GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Just out of interest, what's the fascination with races online? Any time I want to do a survival or team deathmatch, nobody joins up but if I host a race, I can get a full lobby in seconds.

I wanna play GTA to blow motherfuckers up, not play bumper cars like most races inevitably end up. I play Gran Turismo if I want to race people.

The satisfaction of sticky bombing the race leader a checkpoint away from the finish is pretty good.

Fair enough, I'm so spectacularly shit at races so I avoid them like the plague. The same thing happens every time, cars bump into me from all sides at the starting grid and spin me out, and I'm then at the back of the pack for the entire race, occasionally ending up with a DNF. I know you aren't meant to play fair, so being shit is my fault, I just get no enjoyment out of following a pack of cars for less money and RP than if I was doing the race all by myself.

Yeah, I've got the boost at the start down every time. I'm not gonna bother going back on to try again, I gave up on racing a long time ago. I'm happy just shooting people down in free roam. The constant race invites just do my nut in, and when I do get a deathmatch, once it's over, everyone picks a fucking race on the vote screen, at which point I just duck back out into free mode.

• Paid Members

The satisfaction of sticky bombing the race leader a checkpoint away from the finish is pretty good.

Fair enough, I'm so spectacularly shit at races so I avoid them like the plague. The same thing happens every time, cars bump into me from all sides at the starting grid and spin me out, and I'm then at the back of the pack for the entire race, occasionally ending up with a DNF. I know you aren't meant to play fair, so being shit is my fault, I just get no enjoyment out of following a pack of cars for less money and RP than if I was doing the race all by myself.

I share your pain. You can’t play a race on GTA without them wanting to shunt you. I’ve found the best tactic to be if you know a car’s getting close, just gently tap the brake so they end up in front and then give them a taste of their own medicine. It’s even more satisfying if they have a headset.

Edited by Your Fight Site