It's giant spoiler for the 11/14 Raw. Again.

PowerButchi

To my mind there's a ready made partnership with Zack Ryder waiting to happen once The Rock thing has run it's course. Long Islanders anyone?

An alliance might be a way for Mick to do what he did for Orton and others, help bring out the tough side of Ryder. Maybe the current angle with Ziggler could lead to Vickie's boys making Zack's life hell for the coming months. Mick could help him find the hard edge that he needs to compliment the off-beat comedy stuff leading to a hardcore tag match at a PPV, maybe even at Wrestlemania. Maybe a US title match at 'Mania.

The vignettes could be priceless. "You expect me to spike THIS hair?"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ryder's the new Santino. Why would anyone want him to show a serious side? His comedy gimmicks the only thing keeping him on TV. Apart from a few comedy segments where Ryder talks to Socko, what could Foley do for him?

At the moment he is defiantly playing the role of a Santino but i think J.R got it spot on when he said that if Ryder wants a future he needs to be shown as a threat to. That may be the point in the whole Ziggle/Ryder feud at the moment.

Saying that Santino won the I.C title so who knows.

• Paid Members

I'm really in two minds about the old guys coming back. On the one hand, it will be great to see the crowd react to somebody other than The Rock, Cena or Orton and Foley's interaction with the current roster will make the product feel hotter, plus it adds the depth and star power WWE are lacking. On the other, this is VERY lazy by WWE. I typed this a while back, in 1997 Vince didn't have the luxury of bringing back the likes of Hogan and Savage (as WCW was paying them money WWE couldn't afford, with a smaller schedule), so he had to get his shit together and spend time developing the talent he had. The Rock is a good example of somebody the audience didn't take to, at first, but Vince kept faith in him. In today's WWE, who knows, maybe The Rock would have got released after the first year or so.

Ryder's the new Santino. Why would anyone want him to show a serious side? His comedy gimmicks the only thing keeping him on TV. Apart from a few comedy segments where Ryder talks to Socko, what could Foley do for him?

I always think there's a window of opportunity with comedy characters before they jump the wacky inflatable shark and condemn themselves to LOL purgatory for all time. With Santino I thought it was the IC title reign where he could have gradually gained confidence and developed a meaner, more competitive edge. Reckon that the crowd would definitely start to get behind him. Then they yanked the IC title off him, gave him the cobra as a finish and the writing was on the wall. That said, it's a steady paycheck and he's unlikely to ever have to learn how to fall off a fifty foot ladder with his comedy act. Assuming he can drive a bit more carefully he should be able to retire with his health and a bit of cash put away.

With Ryder I think they've got their window of opportunity right now. To the casual audience he's still a relatively fresh face and he's getting a good reaction. There's certainly no harm in giving him a chance to fight for his life against the odds and see if the, ahem, WWE Universe get behind him. If they're especially shrewd they could even have a bit of a torch passing in Long Island if the TV's taped there in the not too distant future.

i love mick but what has he got to offer wwe at this late stage in his career. he is one of my top 10 wrestlers but i don't think he belongs in a match. i wont slag it off till i see it though. i dont know about everyone else but im quite exited for survivor series this year. if the rumors for the rock coming back in the ring for ss is true then in my opinnion this makes survivor the 2nd biggest ppv for the year behind mania and thats amazing they should want to get good biys for the big 4 ppv's

Have to agree with Jackson.

More nostalgia acts, it seems like its not just old AE fans who cant let go of that era but Vince himself too, cant say I find Foley or Jericho (returning next year) interesting at all, I just find it funny WWE are doing exactly what they made fun of WCW for, relying on stars from a past decade and not creating any new ones.

I'm not even sure how much of difference it will make, you already have the main attraction in The Rock, if you weren't buying SSeries with his name on it already, you probably were never going to do so in the first place.

• Paid Members
The guy has whored himself out one way or another that the impact of him being there wont be like it could have been.

Not sure what you mean. If he wasn't the person he is, he would have been on WWE TV for the past couple of years consistently as a commentator and as such, there'd be no impact to make. Because he's been away, he'll make a reasonable impact on his return.

Bring back Commissioner Foley, I say.

Archived