It's giant spoiler for the 11/14 Raw. Again.

PowerButchi

I think at TV tapings crowds are scared to stand on their feet incase the camera spots them. I'd just get up and stand and get a better view, if anyone's got anything to say about it i'll put them in their place. I pay good money for tickets and i'll be god damned if i'm gonna let me enjoyment be ruined just because the people behind me are too lazy to stand up and get involved in the pantomime of cheering the good guys and booing the bad guys.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think at TV tapings crowds are scared to stand on their feet incase the camera spots them. I'd just get up and stand and get a better view, if anyone's got anything to say about it i'll put them in their place. I pay good money for tickets and i'll be god damned if i'm gonna let me enjoyment be ruined just because the people behind me are too lazy to stand up and get involved in the pantomime of cheering the good guys and booing the bad guys.

You pay for a seat so if you're blocking someone's view because you're standing up shouting HE'S BEHIND YOU, then they have every right to get on you about it. Don't be a dick.

• Paid Members

Ok, well I'm 6 foot 3 so if I stand up at a WWE event the person behind me probably isn't going to be able to see anything, even if they are standing up. So they would have every right to ask me to sit down because they paid good money for tickets and will be god damned if they are gonna let their enjoyment be ruined just because the idiotic twat in front got too carried away in the pantomime of cheering the good guys and booing the bad guys that he can't fucking sit down.

• Paid Members

Can the last couple of pages of this thread go into UKFF gold please? I've never had so much enjoyment watching crazyshady justify his view on lighting.

It's beyond genius.

• Paid Members

So apparently Foley showed up as a guest ref on the Dublin house show for Cena vs. Miz. It's not Glasgow and they didn't get fancy lights but I still feel it's fairly big news.

20sxaq0.jpg

1320270403298.jpg

This thread is proper mental.

On the one hand Crazyshady wants more lights, presumably the striplights that people use to decorate the underside of KA's to liven up his mobility scooter, but more noteworthy is the idea that Micky Foley's talent lies in 'talking' and he's not a good worker. Seriously, how many times do muppets have to recycle the same nonsense, uninformed opinion before its erased to the arsehole of time with 'THERE WERE TWO ULTIMATE WARRIORS...' and 'KEL (or, KEENAN) IS DEAD'.

Foley, particularly peak Foley, was fucking incredible. He wasn't cut from the same cloth as your Benoit's or whatever, but he was committed, believable, sold like a trooper and a had a near God-like ability to control the crowd in the palm of his hands. On top of that, Foleys real appeal was the fact that the fans could live vicariously through him; and that translated to his ring work. No one honestly looked at someone like Triple H or Rock or Batista etc and thought 'yeah, that'd could be me', but they could watch Foley and in some way feel a part of that. It's why Foley winning his first WWE title was such a big fucking deal, because it meant more than a perfect, Adonis-like identikit superstar winning the title, through his persona AND his ring work Foley had got the fans to believe that they were a part of it, and it was something they could then go on to achieve that themselves.

He's not Rock, he's not Flair. He's Mick Foley. And, that's pretty fucking good.

*P.S. Also, in his later years he was good too; his feuds with Flair and Edge, in particular, were great.

• Paid Members

That third book really killed the IWC's support of Foley. It is hard to like him more now knowing how much of a creep he is.

Similar with Jericho after his second book. I think Dolph Ziggler currently shows a lot more main event promise in WWE than Jericho has since the Attitude era.

Archived