The Poppy - For Or Against?

David

To be fair I actually shut him up that time.

And it's not just me, keith get's involved, other chaps too. There's not feeding trolls, and then there's arguing with people supporting far right groups. I tend to think you should argue with people supporting far right groups.

But then I'm a bit of a twat in alot of other areas, and probably this one, so I wouldn't worry overly about it.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think it's pretty obvious that there is no arguing with mickey now, he is either a troll or a massive idiot.

Being the latter doesn't necessarily mean you're the former. I'm not defending the cunt, but I'm just saying.

I'm not sure he's actually either, the bloke can talk intelligently enough not to be a total moron. And a quick google of his twitter suggests he's genuine in his pro edl stuff.

I think it's like I said on the last page, he's a broken lonely depressed man whose only real sense of worth or purpose now comes from being a part of the EDL.

It's genuinely rather sad.

I think it's pretty obvious that there is no arguing with mickey now, he is either a troll or a massive idiot.

And even if I'll never change his mind (sure I won't) when someone's spouting that shite surely it should always be challenged? Dumb fucks might be reading who actually start believing bits of it, so they should probably also read it pointed out just how ridiculous it is.

And I know, overly analytical white knighted cunt gladstone, etc etc, but I do feel a bit strongly about this

I think a lot of what I try to do is show that you can be a supporter of a group like the EDL, yet don't have to be the big evil racist that people make you out to be.

When you strip away some of the nonsense (no more mosques, ban the burka) a lot of the core values do have a lot of support, the exposing of fools like Choudary, being anti-sharia, halal & immigration, when put forth in a reasonable manner it can be a good thing, that really needs to be addresses & all sides should have a platform to do so.

On a personal level I think people do misunderstand me due to the fact I'm an EDL supporter.

I don't hate Muslims, hate is a strong thing & should be reserved for those who deserve it.

Personally for me it's more of a distrust, I've experienced the worst that Islam has to offer & find its a religion that can easally be abused & turn a lot of its followers into very nasty people.

Yeah we do attract idiots, so do most groups, but not much I can do about that. As long as there are people in the EDL who just want to be heard & have their concerns addressed in a fair manner then what's so bad about it?

Even if all that were true, mickey, don't you ever worry that you're just a pawn in a larger game? I mean, if you have read all the info that's come out on the people organising and representing the EDL, surely they are the "idiots" you instinctively dislike? In which case, it's not a question of a good group attracting bad people, it's the case of a bad group attracting some ordinary people, like yourself, and then using them as a smokescreen for illegality and violence.

However, your presence at the busted rally suggests otherwise, it suggests you were happy to be a part of attacking a legitimate protest, just to let off some steam because your original targets had been dealt with by the authorities.

Someone mentioned you'd served in the armed forces. Didn't you fight AGAINST the sort of intolerance that the EDL trades in? Didn't you see reasonable Muslims trapped in a dangerous and unstable society, and feel sympathy for their plight? Aren't you now the sort of bully-boy gang member that has made their country so fucked up?

Even if all that were true, mickey, don't you ever worry that you're just a pawn in a larger game? I mean, if you have read all the info that's come out on the people organising and representing the EDL, surely they are the "idiots" you instinctively dislike? In which case, it's not a question of a good group attracting bad people, it's the case of a bad group attracting some ordinary people, like yourself, and then using them as a smokescreen for illegality and violence.

Oh, there is without a doubt room for improvment in the EDL, as I've said before our marches could & should be so much more. We should not only having the marches, but engage with the communities we are marching in. Have proper orginised meetings between the EDL, the local MPs & the community leaders, so it can be talked about & maybe even help eachother.

As for the leaders of the EDL, I know Tommy has had his problems outside & has been delt with by the law, but as a leader/spokesperson Tommy is pretty good at motivating the members & puts himself across very well.

Alan Lake is a top guy & about the most least aggressive person you'd meet.

And Guramit Singh is a good guy with a big mouth in my view, he gets carried away sometimes.

But yeah most of the proper EDL members aren't bad guys, I understand how it can look a lot of the time, but if people in the media etc actually listened to people instead of throwing around insults & dismissing them, then they wouldn't seem so angry!!!

However, your presence at the busted rally suggests otherwise, it suggests you were happy to be a part of attacking a legitimate protest, just to let off some steam because your original targets had been dealt with by the authorities.

In my defence I don't have a Facebook page, so had no clue that anything was posted.

However on the day there were people talking about this & that, but not on the large scale that even the police thought, I think getting those lads out of the pub & treking them to St Paul's was a bit far fetched to be honest.

Someone mentioned you'd served in the armed forces. Didn't you fight AGAINST the sort of intolerance that the EDL trades in? Didn't you see reasonable Muslims trapped in a dangerous and unstable society, and feel sympathy for their plight? Aren't you now the sort of bully-boy gang member that has made their country so fucked up?

Yeah & that's why we go these communities, we want them to be aware of how shit Sharia is, how it'd be terrible to live under it in this country. Especially the younger members of the community, they have no idea how oppressive Sharia is & I'll be honest I'd love them to join up with us & fight against it in their communites, but it's never that easy.

• Paid Members
Can you at least take down the EDL logo from your sig, not that its "That bothering" but people at my work might think i'm on some crazy racist message board or something.

Don't be such a pillock for fuck's sake.

• Paid Members
Can you at least take down the EDL logo from your sig, not that its "That bothering" but people at my work might think i'm on some crazy racist message board or something.

Better idea - get Chokeout to christmas it up.

Why not just turn off sigs then? I've not seen any sigs for years now.

• Paid Members

Why not just turn off sigs then? I've not seen any sigs for years now.

Exactly. Or he could go one step further if turning sigs off is too taxing for him by not coming on here at work. Or at all.

Alan Lake is a top guy & about the most least aggressive person you'd meet.

Yeah, he is so non aggressive here where he says "I'd be happy to execute people like that"

but if people in the media etc actually listened to people instead of throwing around insults & dismissing them, then they wouldn't seem so angry!!!

Of course, the fucking media inventing all those football related arrests and stories about NF and BNP membership.

Also, I'm confident that the young muslims in those communities have a far better understanding of what sharia entails than you and your repulsive, racist ilk. Besides, you've already stated that you don't trust muslims so why should they listen to you?

I think your energies would be better suited on Help For Heroes or Jobs For Heroes to be honest, mickey. You leading a productive, healthy, well balanced life after being seriously wounded whilst serving the country, and speaking about your experiences and rehabilitation would have a more positive impact on society (and yourself) than associating with morons.

Archived