The Poppy - For Or Against?

David

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You don't know how to play chess?

Yes some people do not know how to play chess. Are you surprised at that? I have a mate who has no idea how to play chess, his 76 year old dad was taking the piss out of him for that reason, my friend's response was simple. "Here dad have your fucking I-Pod put your own fucking music on it"

• Paid Members
Pretty much, plus I know how to work a fucking I-pod. So it looks like I get away with it.

Yes but if you have no interest in something why should he bother to learn it? It's like me laughing at someone for not being able to play a video game.

Plus being able to play the game and understanding how the peaces move are very different.

Just figured it was one of those basic skills everyone picks up to some degree as they go through life. It surprised me.

Not really in a bad way though, I mean I asked, cos it surprised me, but you're right, it's basically ok to not be able to play chess. People should be allowed, and not judged, it's everyone's right, and I don't and won't judge mickey for it.

And knowing how the pieces move, and being very good at the game, are very different things indeed.

OK?

• Paid Members
Just figured it was one of those basic skills everyone picks up to some degree as they go through life. It surprised me.

Not really in a bad way though, I mean I asked, cos it surprised me, but you're right, it's basically ok to not be able to play chess. People should be allowed, and not judged, it's everyone's right, and I don't and won't judge mickey for it.

And knowing how the pieces move, and being very good at the game, are very different things indeed.

OK?

No. More explanation. At length, and in detail. Long-winded, almost. Also, pseudo-intellectualism, please.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, mickey, you're really stirring the shit now with your incendiary internet signature and inability to play chess. Just pray that you like tea or you're really fucked.

Archived