The Poppy - For Or Against?

David

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I have a mate who has no idea how to play chess, his 76 year old dad was taking the piss out of him for that reason,

Isn't that a bit like taking the piss out of your son for not knowing how to shave?

Yeah pretty much, I would say knowing how to shave is a better skill then being able to play chess. His dad pretty much failed as a father, but he knows the rules of chess :thumbsup: .

I'm really not sure how I feel about the Poppy. On the one hand, I'm reasonably in agreement with Harry Patch (he'd know) that "war is nothing but organised murder" (though this is a very simplified way of looking at it). On the other hand, I suppose we should give recognition that hundreds of thousands of people sacrificed their lives.

What was it for? Our freedom, like we're constantly told? I doubt it, even if many of the troops were persuaded into believing that. Just like a handful of those fighting for us in the Middle East will believe they are coming as liberators. Even though many dictatorships and cruel regimes carry on in the world with no interference from the west. I don't really buy poppies, but have no objection if others do.

The question of whether injured troops should be compensated is a hard one when you don't really believe that they are fighting to defend your country of for your freedoms. On the one hand, they know exactly what they're signing up for and get paid a wage. On the other hand, a woman can slip and break her arm at work, and get thousands out of her company for negligence even though their causality in the injury may be fairly minimal. So when a soldier gets his legs blown off doing his job you can't blame them for wanting some level of financial reparation for the suffering and loss of a future, even if the situations are completely different.

They're baaaaack!!!

More reinventions than Matt Hardy!

The video on the top left, tommy mouthing off about how awful and paedophilic islam is,getting a slap and then driving away like a scared little girl (what happend to nfse?) was very fun.

Oh aye, so racially motivated attacks are only bad when the EDL are doing it? Usual hand-wringer bollocks here from kiffy.

If Tommy would of gotten out & smacked the cunt you'd be all uset & whinging what a thug he is, I thought Islam was the religion of peace? Sayful Islam couldn't retort Tommy's opinion & had to resort to violence.

And if he had have gotten out he'd have had to deal with Sayful & however many ikhwan were bobbing about.

Yeah, here's hoping that they get caught and their parents get told. Apart from that, it's basically 12 year olds acting like cunts, isn't it? Happens every day.

12 year old yoofs.

That's the future right there, makes me sad.

There are easily more "British" white kids doing worse shit than that Mickey. C'mon man.

Archived