The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I understand people's reactions when I speak about needing to head off "because the girls will be hungry" or when I tell our girls to come to "Daddy" ... but I've had the same one, hypocritical as it sounds, to cobra gordo's comment about having Reggie since he was a "baby". Fucking hell; it's a snake! A snake!

Christ, I'm still shivering from scrolling up just now to check the snake's name. A snake!

Well, it was a baby snake when I got it. In that it was a few weeks old. Ergo- baby. I take it you're not keen then? That's cool, they're not to everybodys taste but I've had a lot of people who're scared to death of snakes handle him and realise they're not that bad. My father in law is petrified of them and he actively asks to hold him now. The fucking show off.

Same here. Chester is so chilled out and I would say cuddly. Loves being fussed and is happiest asleep on me. He even loves Dyllan and is also an excellent judge of character. He takes to decent people straight away and is all over them, people who are idiots he shuns from the word go.

• Paid Members
Well, it was a baby snake when I got it. In that it was a few weeks old. Ergo- baby.

I understand it mate, yep. I say about our girls "when they were babies" too. Cute fluffy kitten like my Heidi?

67487_477446345942_565120942_7300086_7512690_n.jpg

Check.

But snakes are a bit of an alien on the humanising concept for me.

I take it you're not keen then? That's cool, they're not to everybodys taste but I've had a lot of people who're scared to death of snakes handle him and realise they're not that bad. My father in law is petrified of them and he actively asks to hold him now. The fucking show off.

Got it in one mate. I've held them before and made people think I'm as laidback as could be, but that's just a false machismo. I don't panic or think that I'm in danger around them but I don't like them. I think the current approach of voicing "But it's a snake!" all comes down to staying at my friend's house whose lodger had one and who asked me whether I could wound a mouse to encourage the snake to eat it because it was off its food.

67487_477446345942_565120942_7300086_7512690_n.jpg

See cats freak me out, it's the claws.

I've held them before and made people think I'm as laidback as could be, but that's just a false machismo. I don't panic or think that I'm in danger around them but I don't like them. I think the current approach of voicing "But it's a snake!" all comes down to staying at my friend's house whose lodger had one and who asked me whether I could wound a mouse to encourage the snake to eat it because it was off its food.

Each to their own. I'd never force anybody who doesn't like them to handle mine or go anywhere near it, folk tend to be inquisitive though and curiosity gets the better of them to the point where they like a nosey. I don't think I'd be too keen on having to do what you were asked though dude, I've seen my snake strike and it's brutal and I'm on edge every time it's feeding night so for somebody who doesn't like them to do that I can understand why you might not be keen.

• Paid Members

Snakes are great. If they're looked after properly they're good pets to have, and they live for fucking ages. Mine just lies around my shoulders or wraps around my arm and goes to sleep while I watch telly or whatever. I find it pretty relaxing actually but I've gotta keep an eye on him cos he likes to try and go down the back of the sofa.

They do some weird looking shits though. Sometimes it's brown but other times it looks like fucking scrambled eggs.

When I was a kid I did actually think that all cats were female and all dogs were male.

My sister still thinks that, and she’s in her 20s.

I can understand the line of thought though. Dogs are up for jumping in mud puddles and fighting, cats pretend that they don’t have shits and then talk about you behind your back.

As for snakes, I watched this dead smart documentary on one of the Discovery channels a while ago about a woman who fell in love with snakes. “Fatal attractions” it was called. She became completely alienated from humans and started to think the snakes loved her back. One day, in her trailer park home, she let the pure venomous ones roam free while she cleaned the tanks. She got bit, and rather than seeking help (which she knew would lead to the execution of the snake by authorities) she just sat there and waited to die. That’s how much she loved snakes, she died of it. When they found her they killed all the snakes anyway.

Let that be a lesson to all you little snake charmers.

bobbins

Epic.

burst out laughing when i read that. Good times. I'm allergic to Cats anyway, but dogs are so much cooler.

Edited by Cobra1000