The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Me and the two eldest on our day trip to that London (we had a Burger King before you start), posing next to the fountain in Canary Wharf shortly before birthday girl (left) started trying to drink the water.

DlOoYDVX0AQOgwO.jpg

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Me and the two eldest on our day trip to that London (we had a Burger King before you start), posing next to the fountain in Canary Wharf shortly before birthday girl (left) started trying to drink the water.

DlOoYDVX0AQOgwO.jpg

Lovely.

I worked in Canary Wharf for three years in that big pointy building. I always saw tourists around... what did you actually do there? Because it's a soulless finance factory for city boys. The shopping is functional at best, and it's not like there's a viewing platform at One Canada Square (which I've always thought there should be).

• Paid Members

We just love to walk round there. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but the younger especially loves all the waterways. We used to go there a lot when we lived down in Surrey.

• Awards Moderator
8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I was going to ask the same question. I never got the touristic appeal of canary wharf. Where that fountain is is where I used to go for lunchtime naps on warm days though. 

It sounds like a place you 'should' visit... but there's nothing for tourists there. I always saw them milling about the lobby of One Canada Square looking how to go up. Total missed opportunity I thought.

That reminds me of when kids got to the roof when I was working there: (NSF Vertigo-sufferers) 

@Chest Rockwell I'm not sure how long you've been working there but the barriers are now the full height ones after that little escapade. And the entire security staff was dismissed overnight and replaced.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The whole Docklands area is nice to view while you're riding on the Light Railway, too.

Yeah, we always go on the DLR, all the way up to Island Gardens and sometimes for a trot round Millwall Park.

• Paid Members

Now I know who to look for whenever I go past Pound Bakery.

(My apologies for the continued stereotyping of you as a Pound Bakery pervert, Raiders, but it's not stopped amusing me yet.)