WWE Raw Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

It was good, innit?

Punk/Del Rio was ace til the abrupt end, but yeah. Good.

EDIT: Also, of course, the star of the show by default was Mason Ryan. The Ryan fans around here will explain why if you haven't seen it. And there is a lot of them, rightly. But it was obvious. It was the best swerve/turn/whatever ever :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I'm amazed how much in love I am with David Otunga as a bowtie wearing lawyer. Already enjoy it.

Otherwise, Raw was par for the course. Mark Henry and HHH are still the coolest fuckers walking the planet, and now SUPER MASON RYAN is back and looked great. The crowd seemed to dig him, and that finisher is gorgeous. Shame about the main event stuff, because I'm enjoying everything below it.

• Paid Members

It was decent. There's was enough to keep you entertained, which is always good. Otunga's new gimmick is class. Black lawyers always work. Mason Ryan is back and is now about to start selling shirts as a babyface and Mizark continued his path of destruction. Pretty good I though.

Where was Kevin Kelly? Is this the show he's always on?

- Commentary Man Punk

- Anal Bleeding

- "Clarence Mason" David Otunga

- No Jerry Lawler commentary

- MIZARK SMASH!

- Zack Ryder pins Ziggler again

- MASON SMASH!

- HHH Woo Woo Woo's

- ADR Vs. CM Punk

- ADR mullering Punk & Cena in the cell

Yeah, it was quite good.

- Commentary Man Punk

- Anal Bleeding

- "Clarence Mason" David Otunga

- No Jerry Lawler commentary

- MIZARK SMASH!

- Zack Ryder pins Ziggler again

- MASON SMASH!

- HHH Woo Woo Woo's

- ADR Vs. CM Punk

- ADR mullering Punk & Cena in the cell

Yeah, it was quite good.

Everything looks better in bullet points. I'm looking forward to this now.

I'd love to have Mason Ryan actually shouting "MASON SMASH!" in a Hulk style every time he hits his finish.

Really, really loved that show. It was ace.

I echo the list above, though i'd like to add 'JR's reaction to anal bleeding'. WWE is such great fun at the minute.

I think my favourite moment of the show was Del Rio telling Punk he looked stupid, and Punk replying 'I look stupid? ...You're half naked.' Pumped for Hell In The Cell, Sheamus/Christian should be great; Mark Henry is absolutely incredible at the minute ('YOU AIN'T GOTTA BE SCARED'...'IF I GOTTA PAY, ERR'BODY GOTTA PAY'...'YOURS IS FAKE, MINES IS REAL') and am looking forward to the main event which should a) be a good match and b) should continue the HHH/Punk/Laurinitis/Miz/Truth/Nash/Ziggler/Vickie/Swagger/Christian/Otunga/Kitchen sink narrative that, though convoluted, is getting better and much more interesting.

Otunga was drinking from a plaid flask. And, had a bow tie.

Seriously, so many good things to say about this show.

Oh, the opening segment was chaotic and fun. Lovely.

a poem dedicated to the most memorable moment of the show (i stole it from somewhere else)

Lawler to the ring to help a friend in need

Little did he know from his anus he would bleed

He also has cracked ribs but that's the least of his gripes

Because now his toilet paper turns crimson when he wipes

But don't worry Jerry about your injured s***ter

At least for a short while it was trending on twitter

On Friday, I suggested that having a champion defend their belt in a battle royal would be a great way to put them over and that it should be done. On Monday, the concept is on Raw. If I was Alex Shane, I'd be kicking-off big-style right now!

Love David Otunga's new gimmick but you just know that as soon as Vince/creative/whoever gets bored of it he is fucked, hopefully its tied into the recent sacking of Miz and Truth.

Anyway good show for the most part but I just don't give a toss about the HIAC PPV.

Anal bleeding.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a decent show with some great moments.

The two stand outs were the monsters. I've always been a fan of big bastards beating people up and Smart Mark and Big Maso delivered. Henry is so intense just now and he finally has that star aura, where the mood changes when he comes out (in a good way). The way he murdered Khali then went on his angry black man rant was lovely. Mason's turn was predictable but noteworthy, he looked great. That move he did on Dolph was Goldberg-esque. Monster faces need cool power moves to get over, I'm glad Mason has added a couple.

Del Rio v Punk was a great match and continues Punk's run of incredible matches. The boy has had some crackers this year. Wasn't a fan of the ending segment as it just felt flat, I was expecting something bigger and we never got it. They should have climbed to the top of the cage and went off the air just as something big was about to happen.

Otunga needs to grow a 'tache and fully embrace his inner Geraldo Rivera. It's amazing how much better someone can look in a bowtie, without Perfect Jr's disappointing son.

"Anal bleeding is trending".

Glad to see some good feedback for this week's Raw as I thought it was a blinder too, one of those were everything flowed nicely and had that certain bit of something. It also helps that I'm really into a lot of the mid-card at the minute and that hasn't happened for ages at least not so many of them. I also think having smackdown on helps, lots of people got good time which shows how much can be fitted in if they try. I really don't so the need for the long matches on TV that they tend to have which cuts down on amount of people you can fit in, this week's provided a nice balance.

Opening promo was really good with some different people ivolved and the Battle Royal was good and bit of a different way for a champ to score a win and look good. Rhodes is one act I enjoy, love his promo delivery for some reason. Mark Henry was great again and that was another good visual for them to use. The Sheamus/Christian feud has been a good midcard feud, Sheamus being another favourite of mine. It also hasn't descended into match after match followed by another one at PPV which is refeshing.

Although 2 weeks is insufficent to build a PPV they did a pretty great job of building the cell up for me, Cena's promo was over the top but I liked it as it was quite old-school and put the match over and the interaction between the three was good and I enjoyed Del Rio more than most weeks.

Now onto two people I never thought i'd praise. Firstly David Otunga's new gimmick is great, it suits the way he talks and is a good role to have in the current storylines that are going on in the WWE, plus his outfit is brilliant.

Also Mason Ryan and that whole segment/match was top stuff. Really like Ziggler, Ryder, AirBoom and to a lesser extent Swagger :laugh:. Mason Ryan, although still dodgy looked a million times better and more comfortable doing the smiling face character rather than grrr i'm angry stuff. Plus that move he did looked bloody awesome. I'm always one for seeing big guys like him as heels more often than not but in Ryan's case I think it's best he's a face, because with one big, beaming smile he's already got some potential, something which I didn't think he had any of to be honest.

Archived