WWE Raw Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed this Raw as a standalone show. But other than the main event segment, they really didn't do anything to put over that there's a PPV on Sunday night. There's 4 matches booked, and anything else is just going to look thrown together at this stage.

That said, it was a good Raw. Mason Ryan is an utter beast.

Truth and Miz are absolutely brilliant at the minute. Their re-emergence is going to be very interesting, I just hope they don't screw it up.

I love everything about Raw apart from the main event scene at the minute. Anyone else feeling that? Until the big Miz/Truth/Nash/Whoever vs Cena and his mates kicks off, it looks like there is something missing from the main event part of the show.

Yeah I'm feeling some of that. Just seems a bit filler right now.

I'd think so yeah, it's not like it's a permanent fixture that they haven't noticed, they have to trot it out there every week. If they didn't have a plan for it they could have easily just not brought it out one week and said he's been fired or just hope people forget about it amid all the Nash action. It'll probably be something like bad guys think they are running the ship and person A reveals themselves as the GM with more weight than a usual GM, like when Austin revealed himself as the CEO after the higher power reveal.

I love everything about Raw apart from the main event scene at the minute. Anyone else feeling that? Until the big Miz/Truth/Nash/Whoever vs Cena and his mates kicks off, it looks like there is something missing from the main event part of the show.

Yeah I'm feeling some of that. Just seems a bit filler right now.

It feels like a bit of moving the pieces around to where they need to be, rather than filler. Exposition if you like. I'd rather that be the case than them pull the trigger on whatever's planned too early.

I've really enjoyed Raw over these past two weeks, there seems to be a fair bit going on now as opposed to the week before last when not much happened.

As someone said I fully expect the Otunga lawyer gimmick (which is great) to be a way to bring Miz and Truth back in and did anyone else get a feeling that there may be a bit of a stable in the making with Otunga, Christian, Ziggler (& Vicki), Cody and Swagger, I had a feeling something may be in the works when they all said they would back each other up and so on. I wouldn't really know how to feel about a stable with those guys in it though so if something does happen we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

I'm liking the Cena, Punk and Del Rio stuff now and Del Rio was made to look pretty strong as Raw closed which I think was a good thing (despite wanting Punk to win on Sunday) as it makes all three men sort of on the same ground now, obviously Cena will always be Super Cena and be able to overcome anyone and so on but I would say out of the three Del Rio was the one who was never really seen as a credible Champion as he seemed to be just made a fool of in his short reign until he lost to Cena. Punk has been built up incredibly and he look strong despite losing to Triple H at Night of Champions, Cena, as stated is always made to look like Superman and now Del Rio just brutally smashing both of them up with a chair and not having Cena or Punk turn the tables on him despite there being two of them and only one of him makes his build up to the PPV just as good as their's. Cena's been built up over years into what he is now, Punk has been built up into what he is now over the past few months but Del Rio's build up, despite being on the closing moments of Raw will stick in the mind of fans, for that exact reason, it was the last bit of action on Raw between the three until Hell in a Cell.

The divas match was pretty good too and Kelly is looking a lot better now than she was, the anal bleeding thing was a bit of a shock and hilarious at the same time, Michael Cole's delivery of the line was gold, Henry looks incredible and is great as the monster heel World Heavyweight Champion (if I thought I would be saying that when I first started watching wrestling back in 1999 I would have thought I'd have gone mad, actually even just a few months ago I would have thought that). The Intercontinenatl Title match was a nice build up for Cody and it managed to carry on the Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara feud which was pretty cool and the only disappointment really was Ryder not winning the US Title.

Raw was a good watch this week. Punk is getting the opportunity to look like a fighter and his striking offence is being presented as more effective than before with his in over Del Rio with the roundhouse kick which is a great decision as it eliminates the sneaky victories from a lot of fans minds aswell as the questionable decisions regarding his Cena victories in July and August. The whole roster seems a lot more connected and aiming for a goal now with this conspriracy storyline as it involves everyone from Miz to David Otunga. Miz and Truth's abcence was good and could be a chance to build on what could have happened with Punk outside the company after MITB but it's likely that they'll be at HIAC and end up in the cell in my opinion.

at the moment wwe is doing exactly what tna were doing this time last year which really interested me and is quite russo-esque and i mean that in a good way; and that is connecting everyone together so it doesnt seem like so much that it is cena, and then everyone else below him doing fuck all till they are called up to look up at the lights for him on that ppv. that everyone is connected makes for intriguing tv as to how it will play out and what it could all mean. good show even without miz and truth there.

also, fantastic little video highlighting the ryder/jackman stuff; that it looked like effort was put in to making it, made me feel, as a viewer, that i ought to care about him.

Archived