Police to probe Kids "Cage Fight" in Preston

bAzTNM#1

I prefer fights in a cage to fights in a traditional ring.

While the downside is the potentioal for boring Randy-style dirty boxing/clinching on the fence, it's pretty much the only downside in my opinion.

Matches in rings are often constantly being re-set and moved to the middle, people are awful for holding onto ropes and (intentionally) getting tied up to force a break. Plus, I find that two people in a clinch/grappling situation on their feet, trapped in the corner of a ring is often far more boring/tiresome to watch than cage clinch work, where at least people are more likely to be able to spin around and switch positions.

Then there is takedown defence and people like Chuck who are amazing at using the cage against their backs to get straight up from takedowns. That can't happen in a ring.

I just think cages are more dynamic and allow more things to happen that are exciting, while cutting out a lot of the re-starts and tangling situations.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
This subject is now causing SERIOUS issues. I've just agreed with Adrian Durham. Argh.

What did Durham have to say? The last MMA debate consisted of Gough and Cundy talking nonsense on the subject with Gough constantly putting over the 'barbaric' nature.

• Paid Members
I posted that on the previous page Richie :D

Ah right, sorry. I saw the other 3 but that one has just come up as the little red X of death.

no worries mate, does this one work?

1_16_12_10_11_07_29.gif

Wait till the papers see this grave injustice

baby%20arm%20bar.jpg

And no doubt this will be on the front of tomorrow's papers with the headline 'Photographic proof MMA is cockfighting'

vcTZc.jpg

and not only are they 'cocks' they're dead, beheaded and bloody. I fear for the future of MMA when the outraged British public see the savagery in this picture.

• Paid Members
This subject is now causing SERIOUS issues. I've just agreed with Adrian Durham. Argh.

What did Durham have to say? The last MMA debate consisted of Gough and Cundy talking nonsense on the subject with Gough constantly putting over the 'barbaric' nature.

He wasn't as sensationalist as usual. Said pretty much what I've said. No problem with kids learning MMA, especially as they don't let them strike, and he didn't have a problem with the cage. Didn't like the idea of adults paying to watch 8 year old's fight (amongst other fights). Mentioned that the kids where on the poster, which I couldn't confirm.

• Paid Members
I posted that on And no doubt this will be on the front of tomorrow's papers with the headline 'Photographic proof MMA is cockfighting'

vcTZc.jpg

and not only are they 'cocks' they're dead, beheaded and bloody. I fear for the future of MMA when the outraged British public see the savagery in this picture.

And naked.

Pervert.

As a big MMA fan, I did find this uncomfortable if am honest.

Loki had a point about the overprotection of children having a lasting effect and I get this wouldnt have been a big a deal if it was done on mats and the enviroment it takes place in wasnt what it is. I just dont think children this young should be in that scenraio, I think a limit should be put on for this type of thing to say around between 14-16 years of age, before that point I think only training should be allowed.

MMA/Boxing, are good outlets to keep children out of trouble mind and I agree with the people who are saying that the media has blown it up to be a bigger deal than it already is.

Now here's the thing; There are judo, boxing, kickboxing, karate, muay tai, jiu jitsu etc and they all run regular contests and events and even in these it's kids as young as 6, 7 or 8. So why are they blowing this all out of proportion? The kids at this cage fighting event aren't striking each other, it's more of a shoot/submission style. It's so stupid how the media are looking at it in a bad light.

Archived