Police to probe Kids "Cage Fight" in Preston

bAzTNM#1

What they're doing inside the cage is not much different to kids participating in amateur wrestling or judo.

However, the fact it's taking place in a cage in front of a drunken adult audience, i do think is wrong.

Have we got confirmation that the adults at the show were drunk then, yeah? I've only seen still images of the event, so it's hard to tell. I know there was drink available, but that doesn't mean the audience was drunk, does it?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course some of them would have been drunk. Fact is, these boys shouldn't be doing it in this environment. You wouldn't have boxing kids fighting on shows with drink available and pro bouts headlining(?). ThAt said, it's up to there parents really, and If u wAnt to see something sick, check out baby fight club.

• Paid Members
That's not true, I've been to plenty of amateur boys' boxing nights in London where there's been a bar.

Loki is right, I go to the Norwich ABC black tie fight night every year and there is a bar. Kids as young as 7 fighting on occasion.

• Paid Members
Of course some of them would have been drunk. Fact is, these boys shouldn't be doing it in this environment. You wouldn't have boxing kids fighting on shows with drink available and pro bouts headlining(?). ThAt said, it's up to there parents really, and If u wAnt to see something sick, check out baby fight club.

Its not as likely as you'd think. It was the very start of the night, the place would have only been open for less than an hour. The Guild Hall in Preston has Am. boxing which has kids this young, booze served and is sponsored by about 30 local companies

That's not true, I've been to plenty of amateur boys' boxing nights in London where there's been a bar.

Loki is right, I go to the Norwich ABC black tie fight night every year and there is a bar. Kids as young as 7 fighting on occasion.

Same here, I've photographed a lot of ABA bouts, and theres kids 7 upwards boxing. And theres sometimes a bar, sometimes a sit down meal with drinks whilst its happening. Licensed.

Bloody broken noses etc.

5462948734_22866579d2.jpg< will these auto resize?

Yet that goes unchallenged

It all changes they are in a cage? Stick them in a ring then? and watch them both tumble into the ropes and fall 3/4 feet onto the floor? no? Put them on a mat in the floor? thats acceptable now. same sport in an open space is ok.

I find it really fascinating how the element of a cage can change acceptability and the perceived mindset.

Quite. I've seen some proper blood at the ABC events, and there's certainly a lot of crowd support for both sides, but it's an incredibly positive force in these kids lives, many of whom come from really impoverished backgrounds with very few chances other than through sport, who would probably be using their aggression out on the streets otherwise. The club I help out with is actually a registered charity.

• Paid Members
Quite. I've seen some proper blood at the ABC events, and there's certainly a lot of crowd support for both sides, but it's an incredibly positive force in these kids lives, many of whom come from really impoverished backgrounds with very few chances other than through sport, who would probably be using their aggression out on the streets otherwise. The club I help out with is actually a registered charity.

Totally agree.

Maybe we should have a UKFF boxing black tie dinner get together.

• Paid Members

That's an opinion, not a fact. However, fact is you DO get kids boxing in that environment, I've been helping with the PA on such an occasion. All seemed perfectly normal and no one was bothered.

That's not true, I've been to plenty of amateur boys' boxing nights in London where there's been a bar. This is no different.

He did specify "Pro Bouts headlining", so it is different.

I think it's different when its a professional environment. These kind of events often have

Archived