My Best Film: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm with Return of the Mack. I prefer T1 over T2 any day of the week. No doubt T2 is excellent, with better effects and a class bad guy, but T1 for me is just a perfect film. I much prefer bad guy Terminator over good guy one too. T3 is a really underrated comedy too.

My list would probably go-

1. Terminator 1

2. Commando

3. Predator

Commando is the only Blu-Ray I own too, and I only bought it a few weeks ago despite having a PS3 for almost 2 years.

I do enjoy The Running Man, and Jingle All The Way too.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

This seems as good a thread as any to recommend watching Predator the next time it's on Film Four, but with the subtitles on. Some of the descriptions for background noises/music/non-speaking sounds are superb. DRAMATIC PERCUSSIVE MUSIC, OMINOUS MUSIC, WILDLY SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC, PREDATOR GROWLS PLEASURABLY and GROWLS UNCERTAINLY were amongst my favourites. They also do it all in caps, which makes it better.

Er, anyway, to answer the question I'd go with Kindergarten Cop.

• Paid Members
The most underrated Arnie film. It is what it is. Its a Christmas feel good film. And its funny. Love watching this in the lead up to Christmas.

Exactly. Admittedly it comes off better because of the great cast in it, but it's just a good film regardless. It's comical Arnie but without trying too hard like Twins or Junior.

• Paid Members

Interesting that so many people have nominated Kindergarten Cop. I wouldn't have thought it would have got as mentions as it has, even though I like it. That's even despite the fact that almost all the times it is on TV, it's in the afternoon or early evening and gets cut and dubbed to shit.

• Paid Members
Interesting that so many people have nominated Kindergarten Cop. I wouldn't have thought it would have got as mentions as it has, even though I like it. That's even despite the fact that almost all the times it is on TV, it's in the afternoon or early evening and gets cut and dubbed to shit.

One of my favourite movies quotes is Arnie in that holding a fat kid aloft screaming, "Do you keep eating everybody's lunches? STOP IT!" before dropping him.

The most underrated Arnie film. It is what it is. Its a Christmas feel good film. And its funny. Love watching this in the lead up to Christmas.

And has Big Show playing a giant Santa.

I don't think that I've ever watched an Arnie film that I didn't enjoy in some way, with the exception of Collateral Damage and possible Batman & Robin. And my favourite Arnie film could be different depending on the day that someone may ask me. But my top three are:

3) Commando - The quintessential '80s action movie. From the awesome one-liners, smelling baddies downwind and possible the greatest villain ever, Bennett, this film is a complete winner. And it's another Arnie film that features the legendary Bill Paxton in.

2) Total Recall - I can't believe that this is getting the remake treatment. Arnie should crush he skull of Colin Farrell for such bullshit. Almost my number due to it's great story, settings and characters. It's also got the super-evil Ronnie Cox with the nasty Michael Ironside as his main heavy. Fantastic. Also much love for Benny (remember the name) in this movie.

1) Predator - This film is a staple of post pub viewing for myself and friends. I remember when I watched this as a young kid that Mack was my favourite and no matter how many times I watched it, I was convinced that he might survive. Even when his dead body's twitching after being blasted in the face by Predator, I believed that was him moving.

Tough one this

Im gunna say

1. Running Man

2. Eraser

3. Total Recall

I used to love Commando, but dont like it so much these days, ditto with Predator. I think the over use and endless repeats on ITV 2/3 have taken off the sheen somewhat. Though the theme for Commando is class and appears to be totally out of place with the film at hand.

Predator 2 is fab, though. Have always enjoyed it, even though is bashed in some quarters. Danny Glover does an amazing job tbf

End of Days is also excellent and nearly made the list, drunk washed up Arnie as Jericho is a really good use of an actor getting older and any film where he gets pasted by Miriam Margoyles is a win situation.

Red Sonja nearly made my list, I prefer that to the Conan films, purely because Ive seen it the most times and has something about it a je ne sais quoi

Though the Terminator Films are great, I think the three that Ive listed are better performances from the Austrian Oak.

• Paid Members
Care to elaborate?

Once Upon A Time In The West is the best film I've ever seen, but it's not my favourite. Aliens is. I love it but I didn't enjoy it as much Aliens, but I could recognise that in some ways it was a superior film to Aliens (in my opinion, obviously).

Along similar lines, Lionel Messi is probably the best footballer I've seen but not my favourite; Norman Whiteside is.

Archived