My Best Film: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
Running Man is my favourite, probably my top action sci-fi film ever.

I wouldn't mind getting hold of a decent Arnie boxset, but only seem to be able to find ones that have up to four films in them. I'd love a comprehensive collection.

I think the problem with that is that he's worked for several different studios. Comprehensive boxsets dedicated to one star or even director are pretty rare as a result - the Clint Eastwood one is a real one off, but even that is missing quite a few of his greatest films.

But I would love to see something like that as well, I agree.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's going to be in Expendables 2 and in a much bigger role than he had in the first one now he's got time

From what I heard a idea Sly has is for a few Expendables movies and in one he wanted for it to be his Expendables Team vs Arnie's Expendables Team (though I think by the end they would team up to take out the real bad guys)

• Paid Members
Is there really a bad Arnie film to be honest, weather they're too over the top with action or comedy, lets face it, all of Arnie's movies have been enjoyable no matter the genre or theme.

Yeah there is quite a few bad ones. Mainly at the later stage of his career. Erasure and that cloning one were both fucking shite.

• Paid Members

I always get pissed off when people criticize Arnie's acting skills. Because firstly, he IS a good actor. Secondly, nobody wants to watch him in serious period dramas or anything like that so he doesn't NEED to be that calibre of actor. Sure he couldn't do what Robert De Niro did in Taxi Driver but nobody wants to watch him do that shit. Thirdly, he has insane amounts of charisma which makes it impossible to hate him. Personally the guy came from some barren shit hole village in the middle of nowhere in Austria and managed to become one fo the biggest actors of all time and Governer of California. I don't really have any heroes but Arnie is the one person who comes closest to what I would describe as a personal hero.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here but I just had to get it off my chest.

My personal favorite is Predator. It is literally the perfect film. Watching it back a million times there is not a single thing that I would change. And unlike alot of his films, it hasn't dated at all. It's still thrilling, scary and the special effects are the dog's bollocks. I showed it to my girlfriend for the first time last year and she has the attention span of a goldfish and think Beethoven's 2nd is a great film and even for someone with as such shite taste in films as her she was totally drawn in and loved it.

It's Arnie's best film, one of his best performances and one of the best films of all time.

Yeah there is quite a few bad ones. Mainly at the later stage of his career. Erasure and that cloning one were both fucking shite.

I'm guessing he played Vince Clarke in that one? Doubt he could manage Andy Bell. And no, Arnie is not a great actor, he isn't even a good actor. What he is, however, is a great Movie star. There is a huge difference.

• Paid Members

The thing is I really like the idea behind The Expendables as a movie franchise...but the first one was so fucking shit! Stallone hyped it up as going back to old school action movies but it has tons of shitty CG effects...CG blood is probably the thing I hate most in movies. Taken had much better directed and chereographed action sequences and that was made on a budget of about 20 million while Expendables had a budget of 80!

Archived