My Best Film: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Devon Malcolm

I guess realistically it's a tie between Commando and Predator. Commando is much funnier, but Predator has Ventura and Carl Weathers. Predator is in that elite group of action movies that is pitch perfect - along with Robocop and Die Hard I could watch them on a loop forever and not get bored.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Total Recall is probably my favourite. Around June time, I had this mini-addiction to Arnie films and I watched a shit load of them, just because the first Terminator was on BBC1. Total Recall is a brilliant film. Some of the one-liners is it are cracking. Pumping Iron is brilliant as well. His presence and aura stand out massive.

• Paid Members
Predator is in that elite group of action movies that is pitch perfect.

Totally agree.

Has there ever been a better action thriller? I don't think so.

On a side note about Predator I love the story that McTiernan had to employ a body guard for Sonny Landham on set. But not for him, for the others. As he had a tendency of just losing the plot and smashing folk to pieces!

• Moderators
Anytime you get Apollo Creed, Arnie and Jesse Ventura on screen together, you cant fail. Muscles and charisma draws people in all the time. Action films are ace.

Ever seen Shadow Warriors? Carl Weathers, Shannon Tweed and Hulk Hogan doing Kung Fu kicks his his best hairpiece.

Its got to be T2. I remember watching it as a 10 year old and having the full blown tantrum of a 3 year old when my mum dragged me off half way through to go somewhere. Even when my mate cried his eyes out at the end I couldnt say anything. I hope Arnie does make a comeback, Arnie as a grizzled worn down Eastwoodesque character would be great. Kinda how he was in End of days but more grizzled!

• Paid Members
Ever seen Shadow Warriors? Carl Weathers, Shannon Tweed and Hulk Hogan doing Kung Fu kicks his his best hairpiece.

It also had the baddie out of Karate Kid in it as well. It was Hogan's most successful film ever. It doubled Raw's rating and beat Nitro's rating that week. WWF put a Best of Survivor Series special against the debut of the movie and billed it as "Hulk Hogan in his prime" and Shadow Warriors murdered it.

And why wouldnt it? Look at the cast?

8636ef03980ece64ee0aa63b5e7dc147.jpg

Archived