The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'm hoping Dante Fox will be returning at some point. Also, no sign yet of Sexy Star, Jack Evans, PJ Black or Angelico. Out of the bunch, I'd be sad for Evans to go.

Very much doubt we'll see Sexy Star back, all things considered.

Pretty sure Angelico and Evans have confirmed that they're done - they're both out of AAA now too, and Angelico lives in Spain these days, last I heard.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Really fun episode this week. 2 solid matches, a squash and one great main event. Ivelisse is just a fantastic badass who you believe could probably beat up half the male WWE roster. Cortez Castro, easily the most boring wrestler in LU ever, was sacrificed to the gods hooray! Really interest and unique twist on the tag partners who hate eachother with Mack and Killshot. And who couldn't enjoy Muertes and Cage fucking each other up in the main event. Loved the surprise appearance of Pentagon at the end too. WWE should look at how LU book their babyfaces and copy it immediately. They don't bitch and complain or look like idiots, they start trouble, kick ass and take on all challenges.

And finally at the end we have what must be the most mental LU segments with the Rabbit Tribe and the White Rabbit. Absolutely loved it.

Yep I think that was the best episode so far this season. To be honest I was a bit down on the first episode with all the changes (Jack Swagger looks soooo out of place so far), and even though the whole premise is silly anyway I'm still shaking my head and laughing every time "Antonio Cueto" shows up. That whole thing is just *too* stupid for me. I agree that end segment was bonkers though! Good stuff.

Now that Cortez Castro is gone, I wonder how long Joey Ryan will get away with being a cop too...

If you guys havent already, you should follow @lucha_UK on twitter. They're attempting to get Lucha Underground aired in the UK (not quite sure how) and are putting together a pretty nice looking website that they are releasing pictures of when they hit so many followers. 

#Believers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Pretty good episode this week. Jake Strong's match was fun with THAT MOONSAULT which was just ridiculous. Ridiculous and fun squash with Matanza sacrificing Vinny, a delivery guy and a pineapple pizza to the Gods (loved Vinny complaining "It's pineapple" and Cueto replying immediately "Shut up!"). End two matches were fun and easy to watch if nothing special. I like El Dragon Azteca a lot but he needs a proper feud to really break out from the pack. And ending on setting up a Marty/Pentagon feud makes me very happy. Them two sickos trying to kill each other is going to be fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived