The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't think Aerostar knows the future unless he goes to it. From what I can remember he hasn't travelled through time since the beginning of season 2 where he travelled from ancient Aztec times to present day. If he knew the future he would have seen Drago's betrayal. He can't see the future. Only travel to it.

Good show I thought. Are they trying to turn Taya babyface? She's been great in her latest matches. Especially when compared to that shitarse Sexy Star.

• 3 weeks later...

I was bored on a flight recently and came up with a WWE vs Lucha Underground PPV just to pass the time. It's a bit silly, yep, but was just trying to fit everyone in. What do ya think? Which matches would you like to see instead?

Triple Threat Match
Mil Muertes (w/Catrina) Vs Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) Vs The Monster Matanza Cueto (w/Dario Cueto)

Prince Puma Vs AJ Styles

Charlotte, Bayley, Becky Lynch & Sasha Banks Vs Black Lotus & the Triad

John Cena Vs "The Luchasaurus" Vibora

The Worldwide Underground Vs The Miztourage

16-Man Tag Team Match
The Revival, The Hardyz, Gallows/Anderson & Sheamus/Cesaro
Vs Fenix/Aerostar, Son of Havoc/Angelico, Killshot, Dante Fox & The Rabbit Tribe

Texano, Da Mack and Cage Vs Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns

Mixed-Promotional Tornado Tag Match
Finn Balor and Pentagon Dark Vs Bray Wyatt and Marty "The Moth" Martinez

20-Person Battle Royal
Rey Mysterio Jr, Dr Wagner Jr, Drago, Joey Ryan, Jeremiah Crane,
El Dragon Azteca Jr, Ricky Mandel, King Cuerno, Famous B, Sexy Star,
Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin,
Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura, Braun Strowman, James Ellsworth, Nia Jax.

I swapped Dolph Ziggler for Nia Jax at the last second there. Sorry Ziggles ;) 

EDIT: Missed out Samoa Joe. Damn. He can take out Ellsworth before the battle royal...

• Paid Members

I like it! I'd go with:

Roman Reigns vs Mil Muertes

AJ Styles vs Matanza

John Cena vs Prince Puma

New Day vs Worldwide Underground

Sheamus/Cesaro vs Fenix & Aerostar

Braun Strowman vs Pentagon Dark (No DQ)

Sami Zayn vs Cage

Usos vs Rey Mysterio & Dragon Azteca Jr

I'd just have an hour long backstage segment where Strowman storms the Temple and starts murdering people. Like actually "killing" anyone that WWE don't want to sign. Just as it looks like he is about to be defeated by the onslaught of luchadors, Lesnar shows up in a tank to save him which gets flipped over by Matanza. Brock bursts out the top and they battle into a room that's on fire. It ends with Reigns capturing Dario and dragging him outside where a limousine pulls up. Out steps McMahon who casually says "if you want to live you'll come work with me." 

Rey Mysterio burns the temple down and stands on the roof, willing to go down with the ship rather than work for McMahon again. However AJ Styles shows up with a helicopter and offers to save him, then we have to wait till the next season to find out if Rey made it out alive 

5 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I'd just have an hour long backstage segment where Strowman storms the Temple and starts murdering people. Like actually "killing" anyone that WWE don't want to sign. Just as it looks like he is about to be defeated by the onslaught of luchadors, Lesnar shows up in a tank to save him which gets flipped over by Matanza. Brock bursts out the top and they battle into a room that's on fire. It ends with Reigns capturing Dario and dragging him outside where a limousine pulls up. Out steps McMahon who casually says "if you want to live you'll come work with me." 

Rey Mysterio burns the temple down and stands on the roof, willing to go down with the ship rather than work for McMahon again. However AJ Styles shows up with a helicopter and offers to save him, then we have to wait till the next season to find out if Rey made it out alive 

Yeah that works for me too, haha!

• Paid Members

I'm not up to date but the last two episodes I saw had two fucking killer angles. First, Pentagon Dark going to break Drago's arm but former best friend Aerostar saves him. Pentagon then goes to break Aerostar's arm and...Drago just abandons him to get his arm snapped. Bloody perfect storytelling there. Big pop for Pentagon Dark being a complete badass killer, babyface sympathy for Aerostar and heel heat for the dastardly Drago. Second, the Worldwide Underground holding Rey Mysterio so Johnny Mundo can blast him the face in front of his family...but instead Mundo actually blasts Dominic in the fucking face right in front of his Dad and he can't stop him. So great.

• Paid Members

Another good episode this week. Mil Meurtes vs Jeremiah Crane was ridiculously brutal and fun. And next week we've got Mil vs Pentagon and Fenix vs Puma so it's undoubtedly going to be a fucking barn burner of an episode.Very exciting. I'm hoping for a Pentagon victory in the Cup and him to take the title from Mundo at Ultima Lucha Tres.

• Paid Members

This weeks episode was basically the perfect episode of wrestling. Two great matches, a great heel promo and a fucking mental ending. The second half of season 3 of LU has been really strong. LU is everything I love in wrestling. Amazing stuff.

Archived