WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

whats ur opinions of the show overall guys always thought was gonna be hard to top the awesomeness of money in the bank buti thought was a good overal show i thouht orton v christian was once gain awesome howeveer the wrong man walked away with the belt barrett v bryn wasna solid match although i fear old db will be the first man to cash in and lose thats if he doesnt lose the briefcase in some kind of match before he even cashes it in didnt mind shaemus henry was a good ending the 6 man nopener was a great way to kick off show hell even the divas match was ok

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very confusing ending, and not in a good way. John Cena yet again won't lose clean (god forbid), CM Punk gets downgraded from Undisputed WWE Champion to a possible feud with a past-it has been like Kevin Nash, who can't even do a big boot without holding the ropes, and Alberto Del Boring as fuck is the champ.

Who's feuding with who now? what a mess.

You're a miserable turd, aren't you...?

That was fun as hell, completely unpredictable and a great lead in to tonights Raw. Had either guy won clean they'd have been implicitly made the 'establishment' character as Triple H counted for them and had they had Triple H screw one or t'other you automatically draw your dividing lines with a defined face and heel. As it is, both characters retain their pretty cool 'love me or hate me, I couldn't care less' vibe, Cena has a legitimate gripe about having his foot on the rope and a probable feud with ADR and now we have an interesting HHH/Nash/McMahon's/Punk dynamic.

Its pretty clear the net result of this for Punk isn't going to be a feud with Nash, but a long overarching narrative with the McMahons (and Nash as their possible short term henchman). Considering Del Rio isn't really top-of-the-card stuff, yet, and this is the McMahons I get the feeling Punk can look forward to being the story in the WWE for a little while yet.

My only other thoughts about the show are as such;

• You get what you ask for when you create a 'one match' card. The crowd were awesome for the main event and pretty lacklustre for the rest.
  • The writing is on the wall for D-Bryan and his briefcase, I think. If not because he's losing clean at Summerslam, then because crowds really don't seem to give a shite.
  • The 'art' of the no-holds-barred match is completely lost on current wrestlers. The amount of setting up for 'impromptu' spots was horrific and Orton's adjustment for the finish gave it away seconds in advance; which is the last thing you want for an out of nowhere RKO. Shame, as otherwise it was a fun match.

You're a miserable turd, aren't you...?

That was fun as hell, completely unpredictable and a great lead in to tonights Raw. Had either guy won clean they'd have been implicitly made the 'establishment' character as Triple H counted for them and had they had Triple H screw one or t'other you automatically draw your dividing lines with a defined face and heel. As it is, both characters retain their pretty cool 'love me or hate me, I couldn't care less' vibe, Cena has a legitimate gripe about having his foot on the rope and a probable feud with ADR and now we have an interesting HHH/Nash/McMahon's/Punk dynamic.

Its pretty clear the net result of this for Punk isn't going to be a feud with Nash, but a long overarching narrative with the McMahons (and Nash as their possible short term henchman). Considering Del Rio isn't really top-of-the-card stuff, yet, and this is the McMahons I get the feeling Punk can look forward to being the story in the WWE for a little while yet.

My only other thoughts about the show are as such;

• You get what you ask for when you create a 'one match' card. The crowd were awesome for the main event and pretty lacklustre for the rest.
  • The writing is on the wall for D-Bryan and his briefcase, I think. If not because he's losing clean at Summerslam, then because crowds really don't seem to give a shite.
  • The 'art' of the no-holds-barred match is completely lost on current wrestlers. The amount of setting up for 'impromptu' spots was horrific and Orton's adjustment for the finish gave it away seconds in advance; which is the last thing you want for an out of nowhere RKO. Shame, as otherwise it was a fun match.

Quoted for truth. That post was waaaaaaaaaaayyyy OTT negative.

As for "whos fueding with who"? Do you really need help.

Cena wants his belt back, so he will be gunning for Del Rio. He also has issues with HHH crap officiating.

Punk wants his belt back, so he will be gunning for Del Rio.

Misterio is due a rematch also.

If you ask me Del Rio's got a nice line up of opponents waiting for him. Fatal fourway at next PPV?

• Paid Members

Really loved that! When Nash came out I litterally jumped out of my seat with excitement! Only to have it crushed by Costa Del Rio who I just can't get into.

One thing I'm thinking here though, several times they made mention of "conspiracy" I think that's what going on. Triple H didn't want to look bad so he got him mate to do his dirty work. I'm not even sure we'll see Nash again for a while. If we do, I hope its as Diesel though!

Jimmy Hart? Please tell me he's coming back to manage R-Truth? WWE needs managers, it needs good manager like Jimmy Hart.

well what can i say ..

anyone who says they could see that ending coming is a liar and i think its bullshit that people are saying del rio is going to be boring as fuck .... give the guy a fucking chance what do you want john cena to be the champ for the rest of eternity ... fucking hell some people not all jump on the ukff and bitch and moan about cena as champ and that things are stale but when kevin nash comes back ( who i was genuinely shocked and exited for ) comes and dose something unpredictable you moan fucking hell

Triple H didn't want to look bad so he got him mate to do his dirty work.

I wouldn't be suprised if CM Punk makes that claim on Raw tonight, on one hand I'm enjoying things right now but on the other I'm setting myself for the dissapointment of everything just being another "McMahon's in the spotlight" scenario.

Anyone else pissed off by the ads during the PPV? they really fucking annoyed me.

Edge's cameo made me realise just how few superstars can prompt an instantaneous and prolonged reaction from an audience these days, outside of Cena, Orton, Mysterio and occasionally Punk nobody gets that kind of reaction anymore.

Totally wrong result in the Orton/Christian match btw, Christian needed that win to solidify himself as a main event player, but for whatever reason they went the other way and gave the win to someone who didn't need it at all. The match itself was good but I totally disagree with the result.

Henry/Sheamus was good although the countout totally took the wind out of the audiences sails, everyone wanted Sheamus to make it back to the ring and there was a collective groan when he didn't. It's good storytelling, but the audience were really disappointed.

Barrett/Bryan was excellent despite the crowds lack of interest.

I'm of a mindset that since wwe are hell bent on shoving ADR down our necks, it's better to get it out the way now. I think it's the wrong move as the guy has nothing special about him, but what they should care about is pushing Punk over the top now and a chase for the belt is the right way to do it.

Plus Kevin Nash came back so that was fucking awesome!

Hmm, I really enjoyed the show, I'm just dissapointed Alberto Del Rio is World Champion, he in no way deserves it.

Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett was great, as was the six man, I loved the No Holded Barred match, but its just a shame Christian lost the title again. Now what?

The WWE Championship match was great too, no doubt but ugh I hate del Rio. Hes great in the ring, but fuck me I couldn't care less about him and his destiny and his crap promos and no heat. I think there may be an NWO type storyline where Vince McMahon is trying to control WWE from the outside with a Corporate Champion of Del Rio, Big Bad Kevin Nash and others. Or it could be Steph trying to take control over her husband by bringing in his old mates.. See I didn't want a McMahon type thing going on, I just wanted to see Punk vs Cena. Although now I reckon there is going to be an uneasy alliance between the two as they fight this corporate entity. Anyway, Big Sexy is back it only took 7 months from his Rumble appearance.

Huge ramifications for Raw, Mysterio vs Del Rio might actually be good tonight.

oh and I forgot R-Truth and Jimmy Hart - that may have been one of the most hilarious backstage segments ever.

Archived