WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Wade-Bryan was mentioned during commentary on Smackdown so I'd say it was confirmed.

I can see an attempted cash in from Bertie, but I'm in two minds as to how it would come about and have a few ideas.

1. HHH screws over Punk to continue their storyline and then Bertie successfully cashes in after Punk has worn Cena down dring the match.

2. HHH begrudgingly counts Cena down then screws over Punk during the cash in from Bertie.

3. Same as 2 but Punk gets away again ala MITB

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Isn't that because WrestleMania is a 4 hour show with a 'special' earlier start time?

It could be, but I'm sure I've known a WrestleMania that finished at 5, so I assumed they started at the normal time in the states and it was just out clocks changing that made it different here. I could be wrong though.

The fact that there's only 5 matches could been a lot of stuff to build towards the main event, like you'd expect with boxing. Lot of interviews bigging it up, that sort of thing. If they did I think it would make the match seem so much bigger. I can't see Triple H intentionally screwing anyone though, I think he needs to settle into his role before doing a turn. Have to say though, when he started talking on Raw about a guest referee I didn't realise he meant himself. I thought he was gonna announce The Rock!

It could be, but I'm sure I've known a WrestleMania that finished at 5, so I assumed they started at the normal time in the states and it was just out clocks changing that made it different here. I could be wrong though.

I think that was Wrestlemania 20, which was nearly 5 hours long. With a 12am start time as usual, it ends about 5 as you said.

HHH to screw Punk and finally turn Cena full blown Heel, only for Del Rio to cash in after to stretch out the feud a bit longer so Punk/HHH will be at Mania.

So they're going to turn Cena heel (which would be the biggest thing to happen in WWE in about ten years)...and rather than end the show on that cataclysmic event, they're going to have Bertie Del Rio run out waving a briefcase?

No.

So they're going to turn Cena heel (which would be the biggest thing to happen in WWE in about ten years)...and rather than end the show on that cataclysmic event, they're going to have Bertie Del Rio run out waving a briefcase?

No.

My Russorific booking ran away with me. I do apologise for my Russoness, must be the watching of TNA's Stinger lately.

No.

I agree, it will only work if bossman comes out and tells Alberto he is gonna win the rumble to dethrone him at mania.

Would Triple H screwing Punk really turn Cena heel though? Most of the fans that love Punk are the ones that boo Cena anyway, and im sure the kids would love it if Triple H helped Cena keep/win the title. Sure it'd go against Cena's holier than thou character if he accepted winning with help from Triple H, but not enough to be a massive heel turn.

We'll see though, I guess if Triple H screwed Punk then Cena and HHH beat the fuck out of Punk after the match, and then tomorrow night on RAW Cena batters the fuck of Mysterio as well it'd solidify it, I just don't think Cena and HHH standing tall at the end tonight would be enough to turn Cena, and if they're going to turn him at all, it needs to be a definate turn that shocks everyone. It's a massive moment when it finally does happen, can't see it happening tonight.

Should be a good PPV though, I assume Edge gets involved in tHE World Title match in some form, not sure how much he could realistically do safely though, but we'll see.

Looking forward to Sheamus/Henry and also what Miz has planned, hopefully something good happens.

Something 'big' will go down in the main event i expect, one way or another. Looking forward to the show.

Considering SS is one of the WWE's big 4, it really feels lackluster this year.

Maybe I look back on say SS2000 with a dreamy reminiscent look but that year you had an undercard of matches with storylines to give a crap about. This year, the undercard is Divas match and Henry vs Shaemus.

Bryan vs Barrett hasn't had the chance to tell out a build up story (which is stupid considering the wealth of material that sadly many fans tend to forget about) but will be a brilliant match that I'm looking forward to on a technical level.

But otherwise there's... ?

Considering SS is one of the WWE's big 4, it really feels lackluster this year.

Maybe I look back on say SS2000 with a dreamy reminiscent look but that year you had an undercard of matches with storylines to give a crap about. This year, the undercard is Divas match and Henry vs Shaemus.

Bryan vs Barrett hasn't had the chance to tell out a build up story (which is stupid considering the wealth of material that sadly many fans tend to forget about) but will be a brilliant match that I'm looking forward to on a technical level.

But otherwise there's... ?

I dunno, I reckon it's had a decent ish build up to be fair, though granted most of the story was down to Barrett on commentary, talking about how Bryan was the first one to desert him with Nexus etc and he's waited till now to get back at him. Bryan was saying how he never agreed with Barrett etc and thinks/knows he's better than him.

There is a story there and it's been built up pretty well on SmackDown I think, if anything SummerSlam has come too early in the fued, but hopefully it keeps going after tonight.

There is a story there and it's been built up pretty well on SmackDown I think, if anything SummerSlam has come too early in the fued

I think that as well. It's a shame that they've had Cody Rhodes feuding with Bryan for ages with nobody giving a fuck, and then decided to do Bryan-Barrett feud about three weeks before SummerSlam. They should've started this feud as soon as Barrett lost his IC title rematch to Zeke, in my opinion.

• Paid Members
Should be a good PPV though, I assume Edge gets involved in tHE World Title match in some form, not sure how much he could realistically do safely though, but we'll see.

I don't follow Smackdown,why would Edge get involved?

Archived