WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Absolutely brilliant ending! The Nash surprise made me laugh harder than possibly anything else in wrestling ever. Great match, the finish was a bit weak but everything that came after that more than made up for it. We've got a new champion, Cena and Punk both got screwed, and an Internet-exploding run-in from Big Daddy Cool! And Triple H still hasn't tipped his hand. Superb.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting finish to say the least... It's mental how this is the 7th time the WWE title has changed hands this year though, does anyone ever get more than a few weeks with it anymore? Since the start of the year it's gone Miz/Cena/Punk/Rey/Cena & Punk/Punk/Alberto.

Not massively excited about the Nash run-in though. Although, Raw tomorrow might change my mind on that depending on what happens. Sour grapes I guess as I was hoping Punk would get a proper chance to shine as champion, can't see him getting another run until he's back on Smackdown.

Not to say that Punk is being buried, as that clearly isn't the case. I just think he can do better than mucking around with the likes of Kevin Nash, especially with how accident prone he is.

Just wanna make a point to anyone who's been on about Triple H stealing the limelight recently- that was as perfect a display of refereeing as you're ever going to see tonight, just letting Punk and Cena do their thing and only getting involved when the 'script' called for it. I actually forgot at times that he was even there, other than the times I thought to myself how good a job he was doing. Only let down was the finish and I put that down largely to Cena- think he put his foot on the ropes way too early, but that's just my opinion.

Ref. Nash- I think his involvement is something to do with Steph. Notice the forlorn look on her face as Triple H was heading to the ring? I do believe she's doing it for daddy... It's surely too obvious that they'll just have Trips come out and say it was his plan. Even if he is 'the Cerebral Assassin...' Liking the GM theory though!

• Paid Members

I really hope were going to see Big Daddy Cool as a regular fixture in WWE soon, I loved seeing him tonight, my mate seen him coming through the crowd and I told him to fuck off but when we sky plussed it there he was. Awesome

FUUUCCCCKKKK!!!

I knew i would be reading the spoilers as i am offshore and dont get back for over a week....but i missed THAT?!?!? To make matters even worse, my missus pm'd me on facebook to tell me the Sky order wouldnt go through so looks like we missed taping it too.

BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!

* Heads back to work to sulk.....* :angry::(

Archived