WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

WWE Title Vs WWE Title Match

CM Punk Vs John Cena

When was this announced? This is starting to feel like a bit of a rushed storyline now :( also am I the only one who thinks that posts a bit shit?

I don't get it Kris, you've taken part in the Raw discussion so you know what's happened, how can them being in a title match a) shock you and b) make you feel the storyline has been rushed...?

What other outcome were you expecting for Summerslam?!

*EDIT* It should probably be noted that WWE haven't announced this, it's just people connecting the large, obvious dots...

• Paid Members
I don't get it Kris, you've taken part in the Raw discussion so you know what's happened, how can them being in a title match a) shock you and b) make you feel the storyline has been rushed...?

What other outcome were you expecting for Summerslam?!

You misunderstand me. I fully expect that to be the match at SummerSlam, what I was querying is whether WWE had announced it, because normally when you get matches listed in the opening post of a thread like this they are confirmed matches, not speculation. Having checked WWE.com, no matches have been announced at all yet.

The reason I feel it is rushed, is because in the same night they crowned a new WWE Champion CM Punk made his return. Now if they'd resigned Punk when Raw went to air ir makes little sense crowning your new Champ because you already have one, as such his return would have been more fitting next week. But then we don't have long till SummerSlam to build anything properly.

I think if I'm honest, I was really excited about the Punk angle, but Monday's Raw left me feeling flat so I'm a little negative in WWE's direction right now.

EDIT: I meant to also say, the other thing I was referring to about being rushed was on the basis WWE.com had announced it, in which case I would say going from the face off on Raw to announcing the match with nothing inbetween is rushed. As it happened that is not the case.

• Paid Members
With the news that Kings Of Wrestling have signed with WWE is it possible for them to appear at ROH on one night then show up on a WWE PPV the next?

They have not signed yet and no way are they good enough to go straight on TV if they signed in the last few weeks then they will be sent to FCW for a few months. Plus if they did turn up nobody would have a clue who they are. Look at the response Zack Ryder got on Raw thats what would happen.

They have not signed yet and no way are they good enough to go straight on TV if they signed in the last few weeks then they will be sent to FCW for a few months. Plus if they did turn up nobody would have a clue who they are. Look at the response Zack Ryder got on Raw thats what would happen.

Meltzer and Alvarez have both said that they are set to bypass FCW and go straight to TV.

Archived