WWE Summerslam 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Meltzer and Alvarez have both said that they are set to bypass FCW and go straight to TV.

They didnt. They said it would be kinda nessacery to put them on TV at once given the roster. Remember Tyler Black has been to develepmental and is still there.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They didnt. They said it would be kinda nessacery to put them on TV at once given the roster. Remember Tyler Black has been to develepmental and is still there.

Not sure how reliable this is, but it was on some other forum:

F4WOnline.com is reporting that Ring of Honor tag team The Kings of Wrestling, comprised of Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero, will bypass the developmental system and debut on the main roster after they sign their WWE deals.

They'll probably still end up in FCW though.

• Paid Members

News sites usually get their information from passing conversation and what should be done during the audio update. I.e. Meltzer and Alvarez generally chatting: "Brock Lesnar will probably come back at some point. He would be a perfect fit for a match at WrestleMania with Cena" Then its "WrestleSpunk.org reports: F4WOnline says that Brock Lesnar may be involved at WrestleMania in a match involving John Cena". When they werent actually reporting anything. Most of the Paul Heyman to TNA rumours came from Meltzer saying "he's interested, but whether it happens or not etc. etc." but were reported as "HEYMAN IS CLOSE TO SIGNING!!!~ FUCKING DIXI WONT PAY HIM HIS MONEY!"

No, they 100% stated on their radio show that the current plan was for them to go straight to TV.

• Paid Members
They have not signed yet and no way are they good enough to go straight on TV if they signed in the last few weeks then they will be sent to FCW for a few months. Plus if they did turn up nobody would have a clue who they are. Look at the response Zack Ryder got on Raw thats what would happen.

Erm, every WWE superstar has to start somewhere. Of course people probably won't know who they are at first, but it's the same with pretty much every other new WWE superstar. And Zack Ryder's response on RAW was perfectly fine, he got a decent cheer and the whole crowd chanting his name.

Shaping up to be a pretty damn good card IMO. Out of the (potential) top matches, I'm actually liking Morrison vs. Truth the most, mostly because it'll be the first chance in a while Morrison's had to have a star-making singles performance. Truth has upped his game recently to more than hold up his end of the bargain. Should be a great contest.

Cena vs. Punk could be terrific as well. Two things get to me and prevent me from giving it top interest. As great as the angle's been, I can't see this match coming close to the red-hot classic at MITB, and that'll be a slight disappointment. Also, last time Cena wrestled at Summerslam, he was involved in another big summer angle- The Nexus. There was a lot of online buzz about how fresh the Nexus idea was and all the different ways it could go- similiar to how people are now, albeit on a slightly smaller scale. What happened? Super Cena ran through the entire faction, and Nexus never recovered, particularly Wade Barrett. The pessimist in me can't help but feel a repeat is coming, particularly since Punk has owned at every juncture up to now.

As for Orton vs Christian... I don't even watch Smackdown week in week out, but it's jumped the shark. These guys need different feuds, fella. ;)

• Paid Members

After watching Smackdown, Im really looking forward to the 'tough brawler' Sheamus vs the 'unstoppable' Mark Henry. They've built both guys really well recently, and this should help Sheamus cement his place as one of Smackdown's top faces.

I think after MITB, Summerslams on a bit of a hiding to nothing. Without the spectacular gimmick matches, and with no chance of replicating the first Cena/Punk, it's going to be nigh-on impossible for it not to pale in comparison.

Punk/Cena should be great, but only if you just take it for what it is, rather than compare it with a fortnight ago, as it inevitably just won't measure up. Still, we should get 20 minutes or more of good action, and no-one really knows how it's going to end. I'd imagine Triple H will screw someone, probably Punk, but they seem to be able to keep their plans close to their chests these days which is a good thing.

I reckon Orton/Christian might be the best match of the show. As great as the feud's been, it has to come to an end here, and Orton has to win. But Christian has to be kept strong by it so i can see this no holds barred match being somewhat epic.

Not much else going on really. Morrison/Truth should be fine, as should Sheamus/Henry and Barratt/Daniel

I'm not particularly interested in the IC match if they run with it, as Rhodes does nothing for me, and I think Jackson is just awful.

Likewise with whatever they do with the women. Surely they'd be better just throwing them all into a big PPV battle royal rather than having the winner face off in a 1on1 at Summerslam? Do people actually watch the divas for their 'wrestling'?

Who knows what the rest will be. A 3 way with Rey, Miz and Alberto?

Surely not another Kofi v Ziggler? A 4 way or something adding Riley and someone random like Swagger, Santino, Ryder or Bourne would be ok to pass 10 minutes or so of the show.

Archived